Want to know when D* is launching the new HD Channels?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So it is kinda likely that I will get to keep HDNet and UniversalHD without having to upgrade to "Premium"? BTW I dont even see Universal listed in any of the packages...only under the all HD channels tab.

Hello all, first post here and have been reading a lot of this for about an hour though. I have seen many comments about directv being secretive about the released documents... I do not think it is a mystery at all, it is very simple. since the channels will be grandfathered to existing hd access subscribers, they most likely do not want a rush of subscribers prior to release just to beat the new cost..... after all, the reason to grandfather is to reward and not to tick off lotal customers,,, why reward someone who is just trying to take advantage of an information leak?

Hello all, first post here and have been reading a lot of this for about an hour though. I have seen many comments about directv being secretive about the released documents... I do not think it is a mystery at all, it is very simple. since the channels will be grandfathered to existing hd access subscribers, they most likely do not want a rush of subscribers prior to release just to beat the new cost..... after all, the reason to grandfather is to reward and not to tick off lotal customers,,, why reward someone who is just trying to take advantage of an information leak?

Good point, I agree. Welcome!:)

Steve - probably not. It's a channel that's "owned" by Dish Network. It'll be a cold day in hell before D* pays E* money for content. ;)

BUT...since Liberty Media now has majority ownership of D* -- and also owns Starz! (and more) -- perhaps a "trade" may happen...

Steve - probably not. It's a channel that's "owned" by Dish Network. It'll be a cold day in hell before D* pays E* money for content. ;)

BUT...since Liberty Media now has majority ownership of D* -- and also owns Starz! (and more) -- perhaps a "trade" may happen...

Dish does not own Voom channels, Rainbow Media owns Voom, IIRC E* only has a minority investment in it.

just upgraded my package and was told september 19th as the magical date. some genius here at satguys should start either a poll and/or a pool!!

So it is kinda likely that I will get to keep HDNet and UniversalHD without having to upgrade to "Premium"? BTW I dont even see Universal listed in any of the packages...only under the all HD channels tab.

Hello all...
I'm new to this Forum/Site
I really like the look and feel, and great input.!!!

n4uaj when I look at D's package listing seems to me there's plenty of room to add the "DirecTv HD Extra Pack" right after the "Choice Exta".

I Think after a while that's where we are going to find: HDNET, HDNET Movies, Universal HD, MGM, MHD, & Smithsonian HD..

Just my thoughts...:rolleyes:

Found this after I started this post it seems to confirm my suspicion
Tv Predictions

It is my hope D will remember it loyal Subs that's been with them...
From the days of the famous none stop loop of Dolby Digital Trailers - Movie Previews, and 1 premium ch HBO to the 3Lnb upgrade ShowTime add ons, and the $700.00 STB receivers ....you get the picture.

RSlack :cool:

Last edited:
i see swann is up to his usual crap. if he was a real journalist, he wouldn't have to rely on stealing other people's stuff.

This has been a long thread so maybe my update is old news but I called DTV today to find out about the possibility of an additional charge for the new HD channels because I was told when I upgraded last week to the HR20 and the Premium package that there would be no future increases due to the expanded lineup. This time the service rep said he was informed two days ago that existing HD customers will be grandfathered in at the current $9.99 until the end of the year. Beginning 1-1-08 there will be an additional $4.00 charge.

This has been a long thread so maybe my update is old news but I called DTV today to find out about the possibility of an additional charge for the new HD channels because I was told when I upgraded last week to the HR20 and the Premium package that there would be no future increases due to the expanded lineup. This time the service rep said he was informed two days ago that existing HD customers will be grandfathered in at the current $9.99 until the end of the year. Beginning 1-1-08 there will be an additional $4.00 charge.

I feel this is pretty close as to what will happen, from reading all these posts.

All us current customers will be $10 till early next year, then EVERYONE will pay $15.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)