Want to sign parents up, but

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mini1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 2, 2004
They want to sign up, but they must have Travel Channel HD. They have TWC right now and have a fairly good line-up of HD channels, including Travel HD. Any idea on when we can expect this channel? It makes no sense that it is missing.

They want to sign up, but they must have Travel Channel HD. They have TWC right now and have a fairly good line-up of HD channels, including Travel HD. Any idea on when we can expect this channel? It makes no sense that it is missing.

Well if they MUST have TWC HD you are going to the wrong satellite CO.
Dish does indeed have TWC HD.

No one really knows when DirecTV will add more HD channels, including the Travel Channel. Best guess is there will be several national HD channels added sometime after the new sat is launched this fall.

I think in this case TWC stands for Time Warner Cable not The Weather Channel. The Travel Channel is owned by Cox Communications and probably isn't in any hurry to negotiate a deal with DirecTV for the HD version. I would agree that if they're happy with TWC and having the Travel Channel in HD is an issue then they ought to stay put. I'd think sooner or later Cox and DirecTV will reach an agreement for the Travel Channel HD version.

TWC- Time Warner Cable

The problem is that TWC is missing a bunch of other HD channels that D* has, such as Speed-HD.

TWC- Time Warner Cable

The problem is that TWC is missing a bunch of other HD channels that D* has, such as Speed-HD.

Which ones are more important? If Travel HD is the most important, stay. I personally would rather have a bunch of missing HD channels than one channel that is missing.

Still gets back to if Travel Channel HD is a "must have" then staying with cable is the only choice until DirecTV and Cox work out an agreement. No telling when or if that is going to happen. I don't feel like I've compromised by leaving cable all those years ago but I also am very happy with DirecTV programming and don't spend any time comparing DirecTV, Dish, or Time Warner lineups to one another. Maybe there isn't a "best", it's just what suits you and meets the majority of your needs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)