Want to upgrade 2007 vintage stuff

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rough2000

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
I currently have early 2007 vintage Directv equipment. I have two H21-200 receivers and a Slimline-5 antenna/LNB. I also use a 3 LNB Dish when I go camping and take my receivers from home. I would like to upgrade all my equipment with Directv, and continue to use my 3 LNB Dish when camping.
My plans would be to get a DVR and one possibly two receivers. I would like to get the latest equipment available including a new Dish and LNB's.
I currently have two coax cables buried underground. If I get an additional receiver will I have to bury an additional cable or is there a switch that can be installed?
What should I ask Directv for when ordering the new equipment. What are the model numbers for the latest DVR's, Receivers, and Antenna? I would appreciate any info you can provide.

You will want to call and tell them you want a SWM upgrade (known as SWiM). As far as the dish goes you prolly have nothing wrong with yours minus sun fade. They'll switch the LNB to a SWM LNB. As far as receivers go, H25's and HR24's are the newest models out there. Problem is with you camping an H25 won't work without a SWM LNB.

Do you need the 5 LNB at home? For locals? I ask because if you only need the 3 LNB (99, 101, and 103) this will make it easier to use at the camp. Especially if you upgrade both the the same exact dish/LNB combination.

Do you need the 5 LNB at home? For locals? I ask because if you only need the 3 LNB (99, 101, and 103) this will make it easier to use at the camp. Especially if you upgrade both the the same exact dish/LNB combination.

Yes, I need the 5LNB at home to pick up all my HD as well as my locals. My 3Lnb dish that I use camping also allows me to pick up my locals. Most of or camping is pretty local and I can usually get my 119 spotbeam. However, when camping I lose some of my HD channels...have to watch these in SD. I know, that is really roughing it camping. I also like the smaller dish that I take camping as it takes less storage space.

When i camp, I have to go through the setup and change the antenna settings from the 5-Slimline to the 3LNB (18x20").

Is there a 3LNB that would work with the smaller dish and would pick up 119 for my locals? What would I have to do to set up a SWM when camping.

Yes, I need the 5LNB at home to pick up all my HD as well as my locals. My 3Lnb dish that I use camping also allows me to pick up my locals. Most of or camping is pretty local and I can usually get my 119 spotbeam. However, when camping I lose some of my HD channels...have to watch these in SD. I know, that is really roughing it camping. I also like the smaller dish that I take camping as it takes less storage space.

When i camp, I have to go through the setup and change the antenna settings from the 5-Slimline to the 3LNB (18x20").

Is there a 3LNB that would work with the smaller dish and would pick up 119 for my locals? What would I have to do to set up a SWM when camping.

If you are using a 3 lnb 18x20 dish with the lnb it came with, you can't get hd channels with it. That dish already gets the 119 satellite where your local sd channels are.

You will want to call and tell them you want a SWM upgrade (known as SWiM). As far as the dish goes you prolly have nothing wrong with yours minus sun fade. They'll switch the LNB to a SWM LNB. As far as receivers go, H25's and HR24's are the newest models out there. Problem is with you camping an H25 won't work without a SWM LNB.

You are right, there is nothing wrong with the dish, however the LNB is the problem. A couple of years ago when the LNB went bad, the repair person said I was lucky that he had pulled one like mine off a junk dish that morning. Said they didn't make mine any longer. Guess I can't complain...it's worked for a couple of years. I assume the H25 is the DVR and the H24 is just a receiver. Is that correct.

You are right, there is nothing wrong with the dish, however the LNB is the problem. A couple of years ago when the LNB went bad, the repair person said I was lucky that he had pulled one like mine off a junk dish that morning. Said they didn't make mine any longer. Guess I can't complain...it's worked for a couple of years. I assume the H25 is the DVR and the H24 is just a receiver. Is that correct.

H25 is a receiver. All boxes that are H are receivers, dvrs are HR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts