Want to upgrade my 622 to 722.

Hawk88

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
USA
I OWN 2 622's. I would like to upgrade to a 722 on one. Is there any options from dish? I want to own the 722, not lease.

is the only difference the hard drive size?

I have a 522 humming along with a larger 625 hard drive, fact is it identifies itself as a 625.

swapping hard drive took minutes, although opne must use the approved one from a list.,

I do not belive that is possible for the 622. It uses a different OS than the older boxes.

the difference is the size of the hard drive, the color of the outside (black) and one chip on the mainboard (speculated for future IP VOD service).

Speaking of speculation, I speculate though I don't know yet for sure, that a correct larger hard drive will make a 622 think it's a 722. A search for the specific drive in my 622 on ebay found a guy selling one because he upgraded his 622 with a larger drive, I have queried him for the specifications of the new one.

I OWN 2 622's. I would like to upgrade to a 722 on one. Is there any options from dish? I want to own the 722, not lease.
Why? Lease a 722, sell a 622, cover the upfront cost of lease and put some money in your wallet. When replacement technology arrives, you will only own one paper weight.

I hate paying 200 bucks or more and then on top of that having a montly lease fee. Doesn't make sense to me. Plus, If I bought a 622 for 500, then sell it 2 years later for 350, i have more than made my money back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)