Wanted Bell 9242

murrays

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
I am looking for a Bell 9242 PVR. Can not use the Bell 9241 as I need the RF output to a remote TV. Located in Connecticut.
I have an extra hard drive so I could use a 9242 that has a bad hard drive. Please give the Receiver and smart card numbers so I can be sure Bell will allow me to add to my account.
Thank you

9242 Issues

Kaven, I have had a 9242 for several years. It was Bell's most advanced receiver equivalent to a Dish 622. Bell replaced it with the 9241 a two tuner receiver without an antenna feed or RF output for a second TV. Like Dish DVR's the hard drive is the weak link. My 9242 receiver has been replaced twice (at no charge), most recently in September by Bell. I need to receive local channels over the air so I can record three programs at the same time and I send a RF feed to a bedroom. My wife wants to be able to watch a second receiver in her handicraft room. I have tried using a modulator on a 9241 but the picture is very poor. Since Bell will not sell 9242's even though they will replace one if you have their DishCare package, I need another 9242.

They sell for between $100 to $200 in Canada. Bell aimed their new satellite to favor Canada cutting off much of the US making it impossible for most US customers to get Bell TV. I thought someone would be willing to sell their receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)