Wanted: Inexpensive Dish HD receiver.

uponthemountain

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Goode VA
I'm looking for a very low cost Dishnetwork HD receiver for grandmother. It needs to be < 100, fully functional, clear, and ready to activate.

Anybody replacing/retiring one ?

Why not just get a free one from dish?

She is under a semi-fresh contract, and doesn't have the option to upgrade for free.

She currently has a SD receiver, but has just received a HD capable TV as a gift... and is currently looking at a pretty horrible picture from that SD receiver.

I have a vip222 i just took down when I got the Hopper. Its about 1 year old. I have the remote and books and the cable for the back. I will sell to you for 100.00 plus shipping cost. I am in Alabama.....

Thanks all. The "boss" says I've gotta stay at below 100 and she really would prefer 75 or less. I mentioned to her that brand new ones can be purchased for 129, but no joy.

I'll continue to look on eBay .. so far the only ones I've seen sub 100 appear to be problematic. But it sounds like I just need to be patient and keep looking.

Thanks all. The "boss" says I've gotta stay at below 100 and she really would prefer 75 or less. I mentioned to her that brand new ones can be purchased for 129, but no joy.

I'll continue to look on eBay .. so far the only ones I've seen sub 100 appear to be problematic. But it sounds like I just need to be patient and keep looking.

If you can hold out till the middle of next month, prices will be coming down on the 211.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts