Wanting to add extra TVs to my current setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tom1950

Original poster
Dec 22, 2016
myrtle ms
In my current configuration I have cable from my SL3S4NR5-01 satellite going to a two way SWM splitter located in a service box on my outside wall. Cable from the powered port of that splitter goes to another 2 way SWM splitter in the bedroom, with the DC port going to the power source and the other port to the TV, which works fine. I would like to run cable to the other side of my ranch style house, and the shortest route, or connection , is via the outside service box splitter. If I understand correctly, I will not require additional power sources for additional TVs. I assume that I can run cable from the non powered port ( in the service box) to the other end of the house and branch off to 2 or 3 TVs. Since all of the cable, and branches, from that particular port should be non powered, can you just treat the downline powered and non powered ports the same as far as making TV connections? Thanks in advance for any help. Just don't want to burn a receiver up due to my limited knowledge.

You can continue to split the signal, but you are better off getting a splitter with enough ports to connect as many tvs as you want, up to eight, and putting it into the service box. Just be sure to connect the power inserter to the power passing port.

Reactions: Tom1950
I would first ditch the 2-way splitter in the bedroom and just run the coax to the "to ODU" input of the PI. And connect the bedroom TV receiver to the "to IRD" port of the PI.

And run the other output of the "root splitter" in the outside box to the other side of the house and split from there as necessary.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts