Wanting to upgrade 811 to 722...

spanky

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 17, 2003
The installer came out and said that he can't get a signal where the dish is at now.
This guy didn't seem real energetic so my question is, is this common?
I'm getting good signal now but on occaision (severe weather) I can lose signal strength-but like I said it needs to be bad winds/rain outside. I just assumed that was common.
How much difference is the newer dish sat locations off from what I get now with the 500?
Thanks for any insight, Mike.

The installer came out and said that he can't get a signal where the dish is at now.
This guy didn't seem real energetic so my question is, is this common?
I'm getting good signal now but on occaision (severe weather) I can lose signal strength-but like I said it needs to be bad winds/rain outside. I just assumed that was common.
How much difference is the newer dish sat locations off from what I get now with the 500?
Thanks for any insight, Mike.

Depends on where you are. What part of the country are you in?

Iowa ,des moines area 50211 zip.
I just looked at my current signals-110 is about 79% and 119 is around 86% both are (i think) decent there,right?

129 comes of more to the right from 119, and lower. can they just re-locate dish or put dish 500 pointing at 129 directly?

This is kinda what I was thinking, But I wanted a few other opipions before I started screamin' at someone.