Warning.....do Not Force Download The New H20 Firmware......

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDTVFanAtic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2005
New Firmware released for H20 in the last 6 hours.....

The New Upgrade Borks The Ka Satellite Meter Signals.....

I Would Not Advise This - Something Is F..........

If you believe what the new firmware is telling you, the 99W satellite has been completely shut down and the 103W now has only 6 transponders working.

I would suggest you not force this upgrade until late when we have info on what this is actually about - as it might cause you very bad problems.....

Last edited:
I didnt force the download but mine is saying the same thing!!!! I think D* is causing this for some reason!

well, lol.....I am just saying at this point that sounds more believable then shutting down literally a satellite at 99W and 24 transponders on 103W.

If this is correct, they now have over 50% of the USA population seeing HD LIL on 6 transponders.

It also makes no sense (to me) that they would disable these in the bios instead of just turning them off on the bird so the Signal Strength was 0 - because now they need a new firmware release just to enable them - and you always get a few stbs that get hosed on firmware updates - making that a very dangerous way to handle this.

Too late. Mine got updated at 2 am. Its only showing 103 but my HD locals are working. The update also fixed a problem I was having customizing my guide lists. I didnt lose anything and it fixed things so I dont see why this is a problem. Its gotta be in preparation for the RSN HD stuff coming. Bring on NESN HD!!

Brewer4 said:
Too late. Mine got updated at 2 am. Its only showing 103 but my HD locals are working. The update also fixed a problem I was having customizing my guide lists. I didnt lose anything and it fixed things so I dont see why this is a problem. Its gotta be in preparation for the RSN HD stuff coming. Bring on NESN HD!!
Same for me! So, Im not going to worry about it. As long as everything is working properly Im not going to complain. I just hope this don't esculate to something serious later!

Sometime ago, an update did something similar, only it made all transponders read 100%, even the dead ones, I did a red-button reset, and it worked itself out, have any of you tried this, and or re-running setup too?

Last edited:
Is this update for the H20-600 or H20-100?

UPDATE: Oops, I guess from the other thread this is an H20-600 update. So, there STILL has never been an update for the H20-100??? That must mean RCA got it right the first time. I would, however, like to see the "active" button activated.

Last edited:
Does this mean I should brush the dust off of my tin foil hat? :rolleyes:

I'm sure if there is a problem it will be fixed. Maybe you'll find it less of a problem and more entertaining if you watch tv shows with the H20 rather than the captivating signal strength meter screen.

Optical Serenity said:
You think D* sent out a hosed software update? Thats fairly wild. And well, fairly believable. :)

What? Where is the history behind that statement? Where is it reported that anything is "really" hosed, not working, or that it is causing any real issues like loss of channels, features not working and such? Guys just calm down; that comment bordered on being irresponsible and is only likely to cause people to freak out as opposed to just keeping an eye on it.

As the original poster alluded to, don't D/L if you are nervous (if you can turn that D/L off) or just keep an eye on it after the D/L and report any real trouble.....

Last edited:
I'm not going to worry about it too much. As long as I receive the channels I subscribe to, thats all that matters. Everything I'm supposed to get comes in so I am happy.

HD locals (Minneapolis-Sat99) so blocky the box locks up. Never had that problem before 0F14. Now, my dish COULD be misaligned...but how the hell can I tell if I can't check signal level on 99??? :mad:

Last edited:
If you're able try this: go to menu-setup-settings-reset-reset everything and repeat guided set up. Bet this fixes it. After forcing the download I lost all of my 103 channels and the only thing that brought them back was to reset everything which oddly enough still has the 14 software in tack.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)