Was D* 12 a disappointment?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Juan

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 14, 2003
Moscow Russia
I was expecting a plethora of New HD channels to be added but they still have not caught up with E* on national general Entertainment channels. What is the hold up?

I was expecting a plethora of New HD channels to be added but they still have not caught up with E* on national general Entertainment channels. What is the hold up?

what general entertainmetn channels are they missing?
i can think of just a couple
or are you reffering to pay movie channels (hbo/showtime/ect?)

I think a lot of folks (myself included) were expecting a big wave of new national HD channels after DTV12 went online, but there hasn't been one.

I can think only of a few channels though that are missing that people report wanting and actually want, so DIRECTV is not doing too bad in that regard,

I totally agree - yes, D* is VERY much behind many other providers in getting up pretty common HD staples.
HLN, TCM, E!, BBCA, DIY & COOKING, are amongst my must haves - there is NO reason why D* shouldn't have these long by now; it's even more appalling that E* WAS able to get an agreement with the Comcast channels WAY before D* can - usually it's the other way around.
If it wasn't for the fact that I'm on lifetime DVR & am grandfathered on TC+, I might have ditched D* already...

Based on some statements he has made, the new CEO is a tightwad trying to make himself look good to shareholders. We will be lucky if he doesn't drop more channels, much less add a bunch of new ones. I have both services and overall I like D* the best. I'm a big sports fan, and it is worth it to have D* for my full time RSN.

It has nothing to do with D12, so asking if a particular bird is a disappointment is not really relevant. D12 is nowhere near full. It has to do with contracts, demand, and costs

It has nothing to do with D12, so asking if a particular bird is a disappointment is not really relevant. D12 is nowhere near full. It has to do with contracts, demand, and costs

Yepp, D12 has been fine. We are just as guilty for hyping the expectation, but Im not happy witht he lack of ads. Satracer has been very open about what we should expect, and not all of it was good. They have this limited space left for awhile, to be strategic, and that's what they are doing. I'm still waiting to see what happens when/if the packages are restructured this month.

Based on some statements he has made, the new CEO is a tightwad trying to make himself look good to shareholders. We will be lucky if he doesn't drop more channels, much less add a bunch of new ones. I have both services and overall I like D* the best. I'm a big sports fan, and it is worth it to have D* for my full time RSN.

Thats not being a tightwad, thats being smart. Any public Ceo has to do this dance, and looking at their financials, he's doing a good job.

Forum users, and tech guys like us are a minority, and we have to realize that. One of us getting mad and switching is not an indicator of what the mass is doing.

Yepp, D12 has been fine. We are just as guilty for hyping the expectation, but Im not happy witht he lack of ads. Satracer has been very open about what we should expect, and not all of it was good. They have this limited space left for awhile, to be strategic, and that's what they are doing. I'm still waiting to see what happens when/if the packages are restructured this month.

Forgot about that, rumor is that will be next week right? (restructure packages)

Part of the problem is that it's not a simple choice to add AMC HD. Rainbow Media probably wants IFC, WE and the Sundance Channel's HD feeds added as well.

Same goes for TCM or TruTV, it's likely a package deal being negotiated. Not much will change until the contract for the SD version of the channels is up.

Im hoping we see some new HD soon as well. Ive been taking a look at Dish and it appears to ME(being that I sub to premier + HD Access + HD Xtra + HD locals) that Dish has a good 30 HD channels (National + Premium) that I would want. Now im not going to switch but I would like to see some of these. I remember when DirecTV was the HD leader.

Im hoping we see some new HD soon as well. Ive been taking a look at Dish and it appears to ME(being that I sub to premier + HD Access + HD Xtra + HD locals) that Dish has a good 30 HD channels (National + Premium) that I would want. Now im not going to switch but I would like to see some of these. I remember when DirecTV was the HD leader.

i just left dish, and its not what it looks like :)
they lost some hd that i wanted (fx was one)
but i dont get premiums movies

This will be unpopular, but as a premiere and hd extra pack subscriber, I am quite happy with what Directv offers, anymore HD added is a bonus for me (example Sony movie channel was a nice surprise).

Part of the problem is that it's not a simple choice to add AMC HD. Rainbow Media probably wants IFC, WE and the Sundance Channel's HD feeds added as well.

Same goes for TCM or TruTV, it's likely a package deal being negotiated. Not much will change until the contract for the SD version of the channels is up.

Dish has AMC HD, and they do not have IFC HD, We HD, or Sundance Channel HD. It was a pleasant surprise to even see AMC HD on Dish.

Is there any confirmation regarding restructuring on 11/27? Or Is it all speculation and rumors?

Since its speculation, it would be nice if they added some HD gifts if they did change the packages up, hey its the holiday season right :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)