Was given a bit of hope today!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

coinmaster32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2010
USA
I called skyvision and spoke to someone by the name of mike. The person sounded very knowledge, perhaps Mike Kohl? :D

Anyway, he said that skyvision-srl has been exploring options, but didn't want to give any facts until the deal was set.Sound like they are working on something that will be music to out ears.

That gives me some optimism!:D

Mike would probably be Mike Kohl. Skyvision is a pretty small company. I drove by their location this summer.

coinmaster32 said:
I called skyvision and spoke to someone by the name of mike. The person sounded very knowledge, perhaps Mike Kohl? :D

Anyway, he said that skyvision-srl has been exploring options, but didn't want to give any facts until the deal was set.Sound like they are working on something that will be music to out ears.

What did you ask him?

What would be really nice is an open Conditional Access System that all programmers would use instead of DCII or Power Key. I know there would be issues and challenges but were Americans and have the best talent and innovation in the world.

OK back to reality it’s nice to day dream on Friday afternoon :)

I doubt that this can get better anytime soon.
It's these same providers that lost interest in C band a long time ago that has gotten things the way they are today.
look at 4dtv today.
More channels are gone on W5 for us again and we only have W5 now what they did was like the least they can do for us.
They don't care about us they want us to go to the small dish and that's a reality.
Small dish isn't that bad exept for me because I'm out of work and can't get on a 2 year contract.
But for other normal folks it's still better I don't expect this W5 thing to last very long also.
I was hoping for somebody else to take this over from skyvision and convert it into something way better then what it is now.
Because with skyvision we can't expect anything better.
That's the experience we had for years.
NPS on the other hand was the backbone in the C band business so with their absence there would never be anything better again.
If SKyvision keeps doing this we're gonna have to keep watching 4dtv dye a slow dead

W5 is providing 90% of what I want. Couldn't find anything else competitive with the price. No fast internet here.

I hope there is some good news, bought 6 months of programming today. That's as far as I wanted to risk. When I questioned the CSR about fix for Discovery, there was not a lot of optimism. Hope we don't loose Discovery after the 6 month probation, but didn't risk a sub much past that.

They talk credits, not refunds if the channel isn't there. Been there before, credit $ worth much less than subscription $.

The discovery people don't hate us thus the reason they helped us out. Keep in mind the CSR don't know what's going on 100%. We did it once we will do it again the issue is with mot and comcast. Next time we will get louder and louder plus a lot of people in congress what alacarte. Plus don't rule out a class action against mot.

And what did you expect him to tell you since he likely hasn't gotten his money of of this deal yet? Sounds like someone is dangling a carrot for the hamster on the wheel to chase! Run a little faster and you just might catch it. ;-)

Sorry to be the pessimist, but I've just about given up on anything 4dtv related. There's just too much stuff OTA and FTA for me to pay anyone for TV any more. If things go as I expect them too, I'll have a nice 920 for sale to the highest bidder in a few months! ;-)

I think this:
Worse: We'll only get what we have today from Comcast
Medium: We'll get a few more 410/92x compatible channels
Best: New receiver opening more channels

I think for Comcast it's worth development to supplement their existing services.

I also think the day of consumer motorised dishes has passed, it's a shame but that is reality.

We have to remember that ALL DTH services are multiple-satellite so something can be worked out.

I think we will get the rest of the Discoverys, and POSSIBLY the SRL -or- Denver networks. But this is simply speculation on my part. :D:up A news channel would be nice too, but I don't have a good feeling about that. :(

SRL networks what city? Dumb ? But why are they still uplinked for a cable headend dish dtv any ideas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts