Was the post about @max a hoax?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
True, some were not fooled, others were seriously pwn3d.

Its not about peing owned or pwn3d. I can care less. We wanted to give him or her the benifit of the doubt. When it came out that the info was wrong we removed user because it was obvious that the user wasnt contributing to the community and trying to make a mockery of it.

Oh please... now I MUST read this... I'm not that familiar with vBulletin and getting deleted messages, but it's been my experience that nothing in databases gets deleted, and I mean if it takes going directly to the DB to get this, I will GLADLY donate $10 to the site (that will NOT be credited towards Pub Membership renewal) if it takes that sort of work to get this posting back...:wave

I still stand by this offer......

..please?

the original post with all the religious crap was edited so there is no way to get that back. A deleted thread, yes...a deleted post yes...but when its edited nope.

sorry...

You forgot the M80!!!

Last night the original samsunghd poster put up a narative describing his posts as a hoax to bring us to religon. Enough said, I removed the religious stuff and closed the thread. We banned the user.

This morning a new account was started and has a similar inside info type post, from the same IP address.

We took a more aggressive step and banned the IP entirely. This also removed the previous thread from view.

So, we had a cochroach, and we stepped on it, then later poured gas on it and lit. :D

I'm glad you guys here, At Satellite Guys, took the big step in banning Samsung. I'm very happy with the results with removing False threads! I know this guy was full of it to start with. Thanks SatelliteGuys. Too bad for the the folks here that did count on these new channels from D*, But we will get them at some point this fall.

I'm glad you guys here, At Satellite Guys, took the big step in banning Samsung. I'm very happy with the results with removing False threads! I know this guy was full of it to start with. Thanks SatelliteGuys. Too bad for the the folks here that did count on these new channels from D*, But we will get them at some point this fall.

We have to give the benefit of the doubt at first, sources come from quiet places.

It's clear he was a mochary to our site, and we had been discussing how to handle it if the channel didn't show up like he stated.

The fact that he threw out the confession made it easier.

GO D11 - Please! Enough special testing already!

I still stand by this offer......

..please?

I edited out the religous part before we made the decision to go even farther. You're not missing much...we're guilty of sloth...because we watch / talk about TV.....need to repent....find saviour....Christ.

Fill in the blanks and you have it. I think there was a Luke verse in there too.

The site can always use that donation to keep the lights on...even if I can only give you half the original form... :)

I thought it might be the Fios guy screwin with the Direct people, but religion, really? Hats off to you guys for taken the extra mile and bannin his IP address all together, that is impressive, until the next time........

Last night the original samsunghd poster put up a narative describing his posts as a hoax to bring us to religon. Enough said, I removed the religious stuff and closed the thread. We banned the user.

This morning a new account was started and has a similar inside info type post, from the same IP address.

We took a more aggressive step and banned the IP entirely. This also removed the previous thread from view.

So, we had a cochroach, and we stepped on it, then later poured gas on it and lit. :D

Religion????

If my Grandma, Sunday School, and Church until age 23 or so didn't convince me, some douchemouth guy lying about an @max launch to get my attention sure as hell isn't going to convince me to accept Jesus or any other body of God. I love HD and new channels but you aren't going to sucker me into religion by promising me new DirecTV channels.

haha... he had some of us going, giving him the benefit of the doubt and all.

Blocking him was the right thing to do.

On that note, could somebody direct me to the rules of these boards as to what gets you banned by IP. I have had my share of fights and don't want to get banned, so I need to know the rules. I have been warned once or twice about taking something to the pit.

I love the site and don't want to be banned like this religious zealot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts