Was watching YES - and it "went away"!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

JonUrban

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Eastern Connecticut
I live in CT. I bought DirectTV because they provided Mets and Yankees to all of CT. Today, I was (sorta) watching Mike and the MadDog on YES. I went into another room, came back, and there was a blue "Channel Not Available" screen.

WTF?

Rebooted, still not there. MSG is gone too, but FSNY and SNY are still there. (I don't really care about MSG or FSNY now that the Mets are no longer there)

I am going to call, and if this is legit, I am cancelling, regardless of any penalty or whatever. What a suck job.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

JonUrban said:
I live in CT. I bought DirectTV because they provided Mets and Yankees to all of CT. Today, I was (sorta) watching Mike and the MadDog on YES. I went into another room, came back, and there was a blue "Channel Not Available" screen.

WTF?

Rebooted, still not there. MSG is gone too, but FSNY and SNY are still there. (I don't really care about MSG or FSNY now that the Mets are no longer there)

I am going to call, and if this is legit, I am cancelling, regardless of any penalty or whatever. What a suck job.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't know where in CT you are, I am in Cheshire. All six rsn's are coming in fine for me, channels 620-625.

Not saying it is 100% the case, but they are required (not their choice) to shut-off service zip codes not "in market".

What is your zip code, and are you 110% sure you are in that market? I don't mean just because it was already turned on, but REALLY in that market.

When you call remember you catch more flies with honey and get your call escalated over a CSR and their supervisor.

Last edited:
OK. This is very weird. I dialed up Direct TV and started through their annoying web of auto-prompts. While I was waiting, I checked 622, and it was BACK!!!

ZIP CODE: 06237

WTF??? :confused: :confused:

Thanks for your responses, guys. It must have been a glitch or something, as I was told that ALL of Connecticut was claimed by the Mets and Yankees, and that was why MLB Extra Innings could not show their games. Dish doesn't do YES, MSG or FSNY, but it does do SNY, BTW.

They may be tweaking the service database, or might of had a signal issue from their source or their on little glitch. One good reason to wait things out to see how they shake out before blowing up. A/V isn't perfect.

Last edited:
I know. I would have been pleasant to begin with. It's just that being in Eastern CT and being "forced" to get only the Red Sox by cable and Dish, I get really touchy when someone tries to take away my NY Baseball!! :D

I mean, the only reason I have a D* is for that reason only!

Thanks again for all of your support.

JonUrban said:
I know. I would have been pleasant to begin with. It's just that being in Eastern CT and being "forced" to get only the Red Sox by cable and Dish, I get really touchy when someone tries to take away my NY Baseball!! :D

I mean, the only reason I have a D* is for that reason only!

Thanks again for all of your support.

I'm with you there John. BTW, do you know the Studebaker guy in Columbia, the one with all of the red trucks?

I lost it too and still don't have it back.:mad: :mad: :mad:

I do get 623 and 625, but no 622.

raoul5788 said:
I'm with you there John. BTW, do you know the Studebaker guy in Columbia, the one with all of the red trucks?

No. I've seen a Studebaker pickup cruising down Rt 66 a few times, thought. (Not THAT Rt 66! :D)

JonUrban said:
No. I've seen a Studebaker pickup cruising down Rt 66 a few times, thought. (Not THAT Rt 66! :D)

That's gotta be Bob!

i noticed yesterday it was on my r15 receiver upstairsit was out(not even on the channel list) on my h20. did a reset and it came on for a while then went out again.

This AM it still wasn't on. I unplugged the receiver and reset it. ITS BACK!:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts