Wasted Bandwidth

mattb said:
I remeber reading at one point the channels with the Dish Logo are static-assigned meaning they take up pretty much Zero bandwidth, the music you hear is a redirected Muszak channel or Dish CD channel.
I haven't seen a slate in a while. The ones I used to see were "Business TV" or PPV that was off the air. BTV now shares channels with shopping channels (no bandwidth waste, other than that implied in shopping channels :) ) and PPVs can use their normal channel for the off-air slate. The NBA and NHL package channels also need one slate channel each package, and the alt-sports can use their own bandwidth.

All the Musak/DishCD channels are on 119 and 9900 (the only slate I know of other than above) is on 110. So the audio isn't directly shared.

Still, the 9900 channel seems to be the only card channel left that needs bandwidth that isn't already reserved for when the channel is on-air. I am suprised that there is no 104 card for BingoTV to advertise it. Low bandwidth, and they could flip to it's full signal (shared with an internal channel) for the two hours it is needed).

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts