Watch out D* Comcast could own NBC

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Comcast supposedly buying into NBC would also affect USA network,Telemundo,Bravo(I think),Universal HD,CNBC,& MSNBC. As far as NBC,isn't it the local NBC stations who negotiate with D* to be carried?

Comcast supposedly buying into NBC would also affect USA network,Telemundo,Bravo(I think),Universal HD,CNBC,& MSNBC. As far as NBC,isn't it the local NBC stations who negotiate with D* to be carried?

NBC owns some of their largest stations, like NY & LA. Non owned & operated affiliates would not be owned or controlled by Comcast. And yes, this would affect all NBCU properties, including USA, Scifi, CNBC, MSNBC, Telemundo, The Weather Channel, and Universal HD. It would also involve E!, Style, Vs., and a handful of RSNs all controlled by Comcast. You'd probably see an NBC Sports Network come out of this.

They already have a sports network: Universal Sports. It just has Olympic and obscure sports like ESPN8 The Ocho.

Yeah, but I mean an NBC Sports RSN. There would be no reason not to use the NBC brand & NBC Sports organization on the comcast sports channels.

CSN is better. They got 3 times as many live local shows and 4 times as much HD shows. I wish FS Detroit would become CSN Detroit. Then it'd have some local HD shows to watch besides live games. I wouldn't even mind paying a few cents extra a month.

No, if FS D became CSN Detroit, you would no longer GET theRSN in Detroit without Comcast ...... Definatly NOT a good idea.

No, if FS D became CSN Detroit, you would no longer GET theRSN in Detroit without Comcast ...... Definatly NOT a good idea.
The channel is already distributed via satellite uplink -- they can't get that channel under the terrestrial loophole broadcast after the fact.

CSNCA is channel 698 (SD) and 698-1 (HD), overflow 699, I'm not aware of any carriage dispute with it.
Yes i know this and the Oakland A's are one of my local teams. Since they went from CSNBA to CSNCA they are now blacked out for me. Directv say's its Comcast and Comcast says it Directv fault. Point is i now can not see my Oakland A's even with the MLB pak already tried that.

Oh BS, MOST of the CSN's are on D* already. You're just paranoid because of Versus.

I'm not paranoid because of VS, I could care less about VS.
Personally, the Wings are on VS 7 games this year, that is ALL I would watch the channel all year till the playoffs come around.

Most of the CSN's are on, but Philly isn't ..... if your saying BECAUSE FSN Detroit is already on D* that it would not be able to change IF Comcrap took over .... thats fine.
I just figured that would own the channel at that time and be able to do whatever they wanted to do with it.

If they wanted, they could look at the ratings and take the top 5-10 and move them to thier side of things.

IF thats NOT the case, thats great, but it better be in the contract before hand. (which we would never see anyways.)

Last edited:
I'm not paranoid because of VS, I could care less about VS.
Personally, the Wings are on VS7 games this year, that is ALL I would watch the channel all year till the playoffs come around.

Most of the CSN's are on, but Philly isn't ..... if your saying BECAUSE FSN Detroit is already on D* that it would not be able to change IF Comcrap took over .... thats fine.
I just figured that would own the channel at that time and be able to do whatever they wanted to do with it.

If they wanted, they could look at the ratings and take the top 5-10 and move them to thier side of things.

IF thats NOT the care, thats great, but it better be in the contract before hand. (which we would never see anyways.)

Have you watched FSD? I have and IMO its the absolute worst RSN out there. NONE of its shows are in HD outside of game coverage, it has no studio shows, it has 12 hours of infomercials a day, it doesn't cover the Lions at all, it has no live local college sports, and only probably 4 hours of live programming a day if you include pre-game and postgame shows.

Ok now have you watched lets say CSN Chicago? Almost all of of its shows are local, live and in HD. It covers every sport including NFL postgames/press conferences and live college games.

I want a 24 hour a day sports channel, not a 4 hour one.

Have you watched FSD? I have and IMO its the absolute worst RSN out there. NONE of its shows are in HD outside of game coverage, it has no studio shows, it has 12 hours of infomercials a day, it doesn't cover the Lions at all, it has no live local college sports, and only probably 4 hours of live programming a day if you include pre-game and postgame shows.

Ok now have you watched lets say CSN Chicago? Almost all of of its shows are local, live and in HD. It covers every sport including NFL postgames/press conferences and live college games.

I want a 24 hour a day sports channel, not a 4 hour one.

Well you now HAVE your wish, just last week I saw them advertising that they are NOW 24/7 HD.

fwiw,
NO, I don't watch it outside of the games.

Well you now HAVE your wish, just last week I saw them advertising that they are NOW 24/7 HD.
They can advertise that all they want, however, they still aren't airing HD programs 24/7.

Honestly, have you even looked at the channel guide for the FoxSports channels? It's either poker or 2004 reruns of the Best Damn Sports Show.

They can advertise that all they want, however, they still aren't airing HD programs 24/7.

Honestly, have you even looked at the channel guide for the FoxSports channels? It's either poker or 2004 reruns of the Best Damn Sports Show.

Exactly, no local shows in HD, just 5 year old countdown shows over and over. MTV has more HD per day than FSN!

CSN taking over and rebranding FSN would be a VAST improvement IMO.

CSN is like a local ESPN. FSN is worse than watching local news.

:mad::mad::mad:I forgot to mention the worst part of FSD, Fox Sports Detroit Plus is the only overflow feed on the ENTIRE FSN SYSTEM that not in HD!!:rant::rant::rant::rant:

I find that hard to believe, most major network affiliate stations went all digital on June 12.

low powered stations did not have to go digital 6/12

quick google shows his NBC is analog

WBGH-CA is the Class A NBC-affiliated television station for the eastern Southern Tier of New York State that is licensed to Binghamton. Its broadcasts a low-powered analog signal on UHF channel 20 from a transmitter on Ingraham Hill south of downtown.

WBGH is licensed by the FCC as a low-power, Class A analog station and does not provide a digital over-the-air transmission of its own.

looking at maps, apparently WETM from nearby Elmira is full power digital NBC and **supposedly** able to reach Binghamton

looking at maps, apparently WETM from nearby Elmira is full power digital NBC and **supposedly** able to reach Binghamton
Key word is "supposedly". With the hills around here, WETM is impossible from my location. In fact, it wasn't until our ABC affiliate finally got their ch34 transmitter on line in August that I could get it without pixelation.

I still don't see why it would matter?

Just because D* is feuding over Versus you don't see any effect on G4, E!, Style, the Golf channel, or any of the Comcast SportsNet channels.
Comcast only owns 20% of Comcast SportsNet Chicago and the teams own the rest and THEY want the games on all systems.

also lest year direct tv was talked about many times on live games "we are in HD on direct tv ch ### or ###-1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)