Watch recorded content on PC laptop?

judyintexas

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
The Dish site TV Steaming on the Go says I can watch shows recorded on my Hopper on my laptop. But it doesn't mention watching on a PC. Am I missing something?

In the not-to-distant past a Chrome based browser was required for DA on a PC or MAC.

I have used Chrome and the new Edge browser.

I do not know if FireFox will work now or not.

If you go to dishanywhere dot com on a PC and log in to your account, you can watch the recorded shows on your Hopper and your subscribed channels on that PC.
Thank you Attitudinous. The dish site did not list Windows or the Mac OS, so I thought the service was limited to tablets.

In the not-to-distant past a Chrome based browser was required for DA on a PC or MAC.

I have used Chrome and the new Edge browser.

I do not know if FireFox will work now or not.
Thank you Jim5506. My standard browser is Firefox, so if that doesn't work I'll use Edge.

A "PC" and a "laptop" are functionally the same, just in different hardware configurations. Under either name, they're both "personal computers".
I didn't mean to be confusing. The Dish site mentioned the Android and iOS operating systems, and I made the assumption that the service was restricted to phones and tablets running one of those.

Reactions: NYDutch
The Dish site TV Steaming on the Go says I can watch shows recorded on my Hopper on my laptop. But it doesn't mention watching on a PC. Am I missing something?
Hey judyintexas,
Like others have mentioned, using the www.DISHAnywhere.com site will allow you to watch on your PC. We just wanted to reach out and provide you with some more information on requirements, as of today.

In order to watch live TV or recordings, your DISH receiver would need to be sling enabled (Hopper w/sling, or the Hopper 3), as well as connected to Internet. You would also want a network bandwidth of 800 Kbps or better for SD, 4 Mbps or better for HD, to avoid buffering or the content not playing back.

Minimum browser requirements:
Chrome (Windows) 83
Safari (Mac) 12
Chrome (Mac) 83

Minimum Device Requirements:
Amazon Fire TV/Fire Stick OS5 or higher
Android OS6 or higher
Android TV OS5 or higher
iOS 11 or higher
Kindle5 or higher
Mac OS10.13 or higher
Windows7 or higher

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach back out!

-Jessica M.

I keep getting Receiver is Offline message using Chrome 86
It might be the issue being discussed in this thread:
Try the troubleshooting steps listed there, and see if that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)