Watching AMC1 channels in MEXICO

Status
Please reply by conversation.
jge: From what i know Viewsat Max HD doesn't do DVB-S2, the PBS HD you're receiving at 125ºW Ku are plain MPEG-2 HD, not 8psk, I could be wrong (hopefully for you) but I've heard and read a bit about that receiver and SV's HD models only being manufactured having in mind only a DVB-S2 board designed to steal signals from Dish.

If you can get this TP (someone please correct me if i have wrong info on the tp):
12072 H, SR 16666, then yes, you're indeed catching DVB-S2

If by PBS HD you mean:
12140 V, SR 30000, then nope, you're only catching MPEG-2 DVB-S HD.

NBC at 103ºW is, by the way, DVB-S2.

P.S.
There's no need to disguise Sky name for "eskay" in this forums like in some mexican forums since we are not stealing any signal ;), feel free my friend :).

Cheers

Mike

Radar, No I did not know about the "list". Good to know. Thanks.
Yurek, I scanned the transponder that you mentioned. I got very low quality (about 24).
My receiver could not lock it.
Probably there is an issue locking that transponder since the lnb skew is odd.
I mean I have to go back to the roof and rotate that lnb.
Hopefully I will be able to watch the Echostar Satellite Service. That will confirm
that I am off just 2 degrees.
Radar, I am sorry to say that I do not even know what a Big 10 B-Ball game is.
It is clear that I have a lot to learn.
Yurek, Once I get to AMC1 I will try the 12100 transponder.
Mikhel, Yes by PBS HD I mean the 12140 transponder.
I entered the 12072 TP and after scanning it I got nothing.
I guess you are right saying that the VSMAXHD does not do DVB-S2.
The weird thing is that the VSMAXHD User's manual seems to state something different:
Input Symbol rate: DVB-S:2-45 Ms/s, DVB-S2:10-30 Ms/s (QPSK), 10-31 Ms/s (8PSK)
Mikhel, yes you are right about the fact that we are not stealing anything
from the mexican satellite provider. So from now "eskay" becomes SKY.
Thanks to everyone!!

I searched the forums. Mikhel is right: Viewsat Max HD does not do DVB-S2. Even though the manual states something different. Does anyone have any suggestion to get some of the network channels? I mean ABC, NBC,etc. Just keep in mind that the receiver I have is the Viewsat Max HD.
Again I want to thank everyone.

I searched the forums. Mikhel is right: Viewsat Max HD does not do DVB-S2. Even though the manual states something different. Does anyone have any suggestion to get some of the network channels? I mean ABC, NBC,etc. Just keep in mind that the receiver I have is the Viewsat Max HD.
Again I want to thank everyone.

For the major networks like ABC, FOX and CBS you'll need a C Band dish to get 99ºW, ABC it's on HD in that sat, the CW has some feeds from time to time (full time at 91ºW), FOX, and NBC have SD in a mux from Puerto Rico.

For NBC you can use your Offset dish to get 72ºW Ku.

I don't know if you're a fan of soccer but you could also get Telemundo at 79ºW Ku or in C Band 118ºW C for Univisión (univisión also on 91ºW C) and Telefutura at 118ºW C and 135ºW C.

It's pretty much what we can get off the major networks from the USA ITC :(.

If you have any doubt don't hesitate and ask, or send me a PM and i'll try to help you, if i'm not mistaken you're over in Tamaulipas, and if memory serves me right i know one, maybe two guys who live there and could help us with their experiences on the different sats and what they've used to get them, because one guy over in the Gulf was using a 1.20 m offset dish with a scalar ring to get C Band with a pretty good success rate.

Cheers :D

M.

I am now considering the idea of getting a C band setup.
Thanks oldford and mikhel for the valuable suggestions

You're welcome pal :).

You'll be pretty happy with a C Band setup, you'll see, at least in the SatMex sats you'll get like 100-120 channels, some of them pretty good for us spanish speaking folks. Plenty of movies, series and sports on those two sats alone.

Cheers

M.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)