way to get localbtv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

baboonie

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 30, 2018
So you don't have to pay for the vpn. Do this to get localbtv. Download the install the Windscribe vpn/proxy extention for chrome. Is easiest to turn off and on.
Click on the extention icon and pick east coast,central or west coast. And pick one of the free cities that localbtv has. I pick NY since live on the east coast and they have a free city there. Now for the free version you only get 1000 mbs. But will tell you how to get around that for btv. Next go to localbtv and register with the city. I picked NY and I put in the zipcode for NY. Then put in my email and registered. After you are registered it don't matter it seems if live in a different state. When I look at my profile now when using it it still shows my state and ip and they are not NY. But don't do any of that yet. OK now that you have your vpn on and are registered for localbtv for city you used go to the guide and to the station you want to watch and pick it. Let it load up and is playing. Now to get around that 1000 mgs you have so your not using much of it.
Go up to the windscribe vpn icon and open it then click on the big round button to turn the vpn off. Your station will keep playing and you won't use any of the 1000 mgs. It shows in the vpn where your at on mbs.
When you are ready to go to another station in localbtv like from cozi to rewind first go back up to you windscribe icon open it and push the big round button again to turn it back on. Then go to the guide and pick the next station like I did went from cozi to rewind and pick watch live and let that station you picked load up and start playing and then go back up to the windscribe icon, open and click on the big round button again to turn it back off again. Doing it this way and you won't use much of the 1000 mgs you get free. Just don't forget to turn it off and on for each channel change. Yes is an extra little step there but you won't have to pay for a vpn/proxy.
Also once you sign up and go to a station like antenna tv save the bookmark in chrome and name it like NYbtv. That way it don't matter what channel you shut it down on even if its a different channel like cozi when you click on the bookmark it will open on the station you closed down on.
Just don't forget to turn on the vpn before you click on the bookmark so the channel starts running when you open it then you can turn off the vpn once the channel loads. Hope this will help some that want localbtv to run from another state once it is registered. (shame you can put a vpn in roku) but at least you can run it in your browsers with vpn.

P.S. Might be wrong about the saving on the bytes but thats the way it seems to be working for me.

Last edited:
I want to say to the people I was wrong about the internet usage. It does use the mgs even if you turn it off. Like 6 megs per half hour. But all the rest works if want to watch diginets not service by your local area. Myself only have 8 MeTV,H&I,Circle,Start,Mystery,Laff,PBSKids and PBS World. Maybe all will change in like 5 years when NextGen is nationwide and they can put all on antenna.Know they have to put all .1 stations on air for free,CBS,ABC,NBC,Fox,PBS,and probably CW. And they also make their money off of the diginets so they will probably stay all free with antenna and eventually I see all diginets going the way at same time like sinclair channels Comet,Charge,TBD,Stadium and Tennis,also be availible on the internet for free. Already see that with some ota besides sinclair channels like Buzzr,BYU,etc that are over the air. Now people might think they can start charging for their station like that new service for rural areas that is going around that you pay for over the air stations but thats not going to happen. The stations have to have their .1 stations in the clear free of charge over the air.ABC,CBS,NBC,Fox,PBS and probably soon CW for antenna and their diginets in the different area's are money makers for them. If notice there is a diginet that matches every cable station out there, Comet 24/7 scifi,Grit 24/7 western,Laff 24/7 comedy,Mystery 24/7 drama for men and women,Start 24/7 women lead like we and own,Quest 24/7 nature,Dabl 24/7 home,etc so there is a ota channel to match all cable stations out there and it in my opinion will always stay free. Back where it all started and what cable was originally for. And with atsc 3.0/NextGen you will be able to get more stations and even from rabbit ears again.

s

P.S. If look back years before stirr and others got going and other services I as goonierag and baboonie said this was the way it was going to go with the television channels when we switched up to digital and computers started. Soon something else is going to happen with atsc 3.0/nextgen which I said back then is the 2 way communication from the antenna to the broadcast channel which in atsc 3.0/NextGen is really posible even if right now you have to have internet thru the telephone or cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)