WB problem

bmar_us

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
n.c. arkansas
ok guys i have run across somthing new that has never happened before. installed WB at a customers home about a year ago. everything has been working great. in the past couple of weeks he has developed a problem. it workes great until about 9 in the morning then it unlocks and won't work again until about 6 at night. i have seen d@@@ lnb's that got to hot, especially since it's august, and loose signal. has anybody had any problems with the WB tria's having this problem. open to ideas, let me know. thanks folks

I would suggest repeak first. Maybe its slightly out of tune and is running high power and when the outside temp rises' the tria is getting too hot?? If they are not close to you I would go ahead and replace the Tria and repoint.

well this is one of our very good customers and he is out of contract so i'm trying to help him out without costing him an arm and leg

Bmar i have a complete WildBlue system that my dad had installed for just 2 weeks then he switched to our local COOP for service and it is up for sale but if you need parts i would be willing to part it out our sell the whole system.

I have a complete WildBlue setup as well as a modem if it is needed PM me if you need any of this stuff.

I would go there during the day, when it is out and check some stuff.
First make sure you are getting voltage out at the dish. I have had the occasional wire get a break in it, and when it gets hot, it pulls apart just enough to loose contact, but when it cools back down it touches again.
And while it is working, check your svt, see if it seems like it is out of alignment at all.
If i had to guess, I would not guess Tria, but thats mostly cause in the last few years of putting these things in, i can't remember ever seeing a tria act like that. Normally they either work, or they don't

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts