WD MyBook Essential with HR24 Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

35LKSA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Eastern PA
I have a 1TB WD MyBook Essential USB2.0 external drive. I know it doesn't work when I plugged it into the USB port on the receiver (unless I did something wrong when I plugged it in or didn't do something.). I powered off the DVR, plugged in the WD drive into the USB port and powered on the DVR. It didn't recognize the WD Drive.

Do they make an e-SATA to USB 2.0 conversion cable? If so would this drive then work?

The DirecTV tech told me I could plug in the external drive, copy some stuff from the internal drive to the external drive and then unplug it to use the internal drive again. My wife is an old movie freak and I am just trying to move some movies she recorded onto the external drive.

Last edited:
You can't use any EHD to move files with Directv. Once it is used with a particular dvr, it is "married" to it. If you connect one that has files on it already, it will reformat and erase those files. If you move it to another dvr it will reformat. Whether or not that particular hd will work with that dvr I don't know.

ok. thanks for all the input. i had this functionality with Dish and was wondering if I could do something similar with Direct. i was just looking for a way for free up space on the internal drive so that my better half can watch her movies at he leisure and not "clutter" the internal drive. I know it would have been on or the other and was prepared to deal with that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts