We are 18 days from Daytona!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They have dropped the ball on Hd programming and it is starting to go into some of the sports programming, IE hotpass. I hope that this isnt a sign of things to come, especially with D* not showing up at CES this year. I have seen companies have all the momentum like how D* had, only to hit the breaks and never recover. Look at SiriusXM.

Im seriously thinking if D* doesn't do something drastically in the next 6 months. Directv will be the next SiriusXM. Unfortunately, if they dont have the compasity now, even with the upcoming launches D* isnt going to have the compasity then. D* is going to find themselfs up *hit Creek real soon, especaly with the bandwith E* is sitting on right now. Oh you dont know. The only thing that is keeping me at D* is the sports programming.

The thing is D* does have spare capacity now but they are choosing to sit on it. The only thing coming up for D* that can make things better is the launching of D12 and the extra capacity is supposedly will bring according to D*. However, they don't seem incline to use the capacity they have now so adding more seems pointless.

I tell ya, Malone has been the worse possible thing that could've happened to D*. IMO, the only long term hope for D* is for Malone to sell them to somebody who actually gives a damn cause they way things are going now, it will catch up to D* and they will start losing customers like E* is doing now.

The thing is D* does have spare capacity now but they are choosing to sit on it. The only thing coming up for D* that can make things better is the launching of D12 and the extra capacity is supposedly will bring according to D*. However, they don't seem incline to use the capacity they have now so adding more seems pointless.

I tell ya, Malone has been the worse possible thing that could've happened to D*. IMO, the only long term hope for D* is for Malone to sell them to somebody who actually gives a damn cause they way things are going now, it will catch up to D* and they will start losing customers like E* is doing now.

If I had the money, I would make Malone a very serious and generous offer for directv. I hate how both satellite companies are running, and I know I could do it better. But unfortunately, im just a joe shmoe network administrator who's working for the cheap dime untill I can get some serious experiance and certifications under my belt.

He said it had not be "cancelled" and to "stay tuned". Somethings gotta be announced soon.
Someone should tell their production company since they were all let go.

In fact that was how we found out Hotpass was canceled.

To bad it was really well done last year, about the only thing I would change is uncensored radios and driver audio durring the commercials.

Someone should tell their production company since they were all let go.

In fact that was how we found out Hotpass was canceled.

To bad it was really well done last year, about the only thing I would change is uncensored radios and driver audio durring the commercials.

Yea, Im curious as to what they are planning since it was dead by all acounts. Figures, this was going to be the first year I subbed to Hotpass :(

Part of the problem, I think, is that D* knows they are still in a good spot. They have added subs while Echostar is losing them, as someone who has had both I feel they have a better overall product, and they dont fear FIOS at this point.

Granted this will catch up with them if it continues, but I still think E* and D* are just playing a watch and wait game since there is a bit of limited space right now.

It's the best place for the happy happy spun news about D*. For anything critical or not positive, well it's not the best place. DBSTalk is to D* what Fox News was to the Bush administration and SatRacer is like a White House press secretary for D* in that he only gives out info that has been sanitized and approved by his bosses.

What D* news do you get here that hasn't been posted there already? I've yet to find any in the 7 months I've been a D* subscriber.

Satguys is usually on top of Directv news, but maybe not as fast as DBS. DBS tends to have more heads up kinda info(much of which is from Satracer) if you can sort thru the BS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.