We are back up! (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
riffjim4069 said:
Well, my avatar problem is fixed as you tell by the picture of Missus Riffjim4069, and the new server/software is spitting out search results faster than I can query the system. The improvements are very much appreciated!:hatsoff:

Considering the icon I see by your name I would hope you didn't marry an animated christmas character...

Very good choice. LiquidWeb is a stellar provider. ThePlanet seems to have grown too fast and seems to be suffering from it.

Grrr...

Glad we are back up.
Without going into much details our ISP has added additional IP addresses to our box.

Because of another issue our server needed to be rebooted,

One of the new IP addresses was in use by someone else on the network and caused the server not to boot properly. The ISP is trying to figure out who is using an IP address that is not theirs on the network.

Ler has been hard at work on this one, while I have been sitting here wanting to cry. :(

Sorry folks.

What's the advantage of having multiple IP addresses pointing to the same server?

I guess it's cause it gives you a unique IP for each domain you want to run on the 1 machine versus having to set up virtual hosts?

seggregation of services on virtual (essentially) ip's.

We could actually do it with one, but this works as well (usually :) )

OK don't know if DNS is still propagating, but all I've been getting for 8 hours is a CPanel page till I finally used an external site to get the new IP.

Once I touched it with a web browser it finally started working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts