We are back!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Ok guys we are back!

Sorry it took so long, in fact still not done... When you have a database with over 2 million posts it takes them a long time to re-index.

In addition I ran into a problem that took me a few hours to figure out.. two plug ins I have don't like each other if they are not installed in the correct order... I had both running great on the beta site but must have installed them in the wrong order here. (Note there is no directions saying which one to install first. Learned this by going through the source code of both plug-ins.)

A few things the system may be slow at the moment as the database is still reindexing... still got another million posts to go.

Search may act funky since it is being reindexed...

The arcade is not working at the moment, I am working on it now.

I have been working on things since 6 am this morning and am a little tired but I will keep going... to make matters worse three more keys on my 5 year old Macbook Pro stopped working today... its not fun using the on screen keyboard to type. :(

I look forward to your feedback and thank you for your patience!

Thanks for all this hard work. I know you are so busy and I hate to ask but can we customize the front page like we could before? I like the friends list up top. Thanks again.

Never mind. I just closed everything on the left and that brought the friends list higher up on the page.

I will look into that now Frank. :)

I had to do the homepage over by hand which was no fun. I will let you know when its fixed. :)

Things seem a little...well...BIG...have to scroll WAY down to see the posts.

Hope the rest of the upgrade goes well!

Well I got it so that it says customize the homepage Frank... but when I click it I can't drag and move anything so we are halfway there. :)

This is going to take some getting used to, but it looks great.

Frank the homepage is fixed. :)

Jim, I suggest starting a thread in the Pub Forum and have people put smilies in their that they want to see added. :)

Never thought about it looking a little Christmas'y I just took the colors out of the logo that FOXBAT made for us and ran with it. I don't mind Christmas'y though since I am one who keeps Christmas lights going all year long. :D (That is TRUE!)

Looks great Scott!

Scott - really like the new look - very cool

To me the site seems faster

Thanks for all the hard work!

Frank the homepage is fixed. :)

Thanks Scott. I did notice some of the old links in some threads no longer work but most do. That's no biggie. I did do a test link without actually submitting one (just used the preveiw) and it worked fine. I really like the new look, colors and all.:) Some of the smilies could use some attention. Looking a little on the rough side.:D That can wait though. Just getting the site up and runninig was/is a huge task.

Scott,
Site looks really good. A lot easier to read, IMO. Thanks Scott, and a thanks to all who post here. It nice to go to a site not only for information, but for a smile too. I hope my postings fit in well, I do try.

Ghpr13:)

Oooops! Once logged in, the home page is gone. When I click on the home page tab I see the forums list , not the home page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts