We have decided to jump ship

Take a look at the Dish Network family package......Angel 1 is listed now.
My concern is that Angel 1 and its feed to Dish is part of a soon to be dissolved partnership. SA would either have to keep a satellite feed or Dish pick Angel 1 up from IPTV, if Dish has any incentive to do so.

Sky Angel served its purpose

When I first signed up for SkyAngel, we got in at the ground level and became lifetime members. That was back sometime in 1998 or 1999, The total cost for the equipment and membership was somewhere in the ballpark of $500. I admit that I am one of the subscribers who has never given another dime to the company. So my initial investment has paid for itself.

Prior to moving back to PA, my wife paid the extra money to get HGTV, Fox News, and Hallmark. As many people have already mentioned, our reciever lost all programming. I have not called SA to get it back yet because other than the channels previously mentioned, I can get most, if not all of the SA channels, using my FTA and 4DTV Boxes. I'm fortunate to live in an area that allows BUDS; otherwise, I would not be able to get all of the channels.

So Sky Angel has served it's purpose, we will not stay with the company once they move to IPTV. As for GloryStar, it appears that they are simply selling an FTA system with the Christian channels pre-installed.

My current system includes a 10ft C-band Dish with the BSC621-2 C / KU Band LNBF. This LNBF is cabable of getting circular polarity as well! Inside I have a Pansat 2500A hooked up to a V-Box II, and a Motorala 920 4DTV box slaved to the Pansat. I renamed the satellites on the Pansat to indicate it's 4DTV equivalent (i.e. Galaxy 11 /GB).

All satellites on the 4DTV receiver are set to 5000 for the position settings. The Pansat/V-Box controls the dish movements. Sure it's a bit of pain to move, but I'm not going to complain about free TV. I thought about subscribing to the NFL network on C-band. I only wish the NFL would realize they could make plenty money by selling Sunday Ticket to C-Band, cable, and Dish Network subscribers. Oh well.

Now if only there was one FTA box to handle DCII and regular DVB.

Sky Angel served its purpose
Maybe for you, but there are a number of us that will be left with no Christian satellite tv after SA goes dark. An untold number of us bought that lifetime ticket . . . and maybe would have upgraded that ticket if given a chance, but this mess hit us out of left field and we are still a bit stunned. A corporation that calls itself Christian is held to a higher standard than others (just as the political party that claims to be moral is held to a higher standard than the amoral one).

If they have a poor business model, it doesn't matter what they call themselves.... :)

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)