We need DISTANT NETWORKS LLC

It's true. If you have the National PBS, are a member with at least 2000 posts, are a Pub member, and have signed the petition you can get Distants regardless of the FCC law. Many thanks to Scott for funding this.

Rusty some people are pulling your leg without the aid of a single emoticon! ;)

Thanks Thekrell, I appreciate for being honest : ) Just trying to be supportive to those who want to get distant back thats all.

That's because they don't go off till the 25th of this month. Bet you'll still have them tomorrow too!

If anyone knows what will happen on the 25th-26th they're not talking. Evidently Scott bought AAD and he's not talking :) ...Seriously, this other rumor of people receiving their unused $$$s back either indicates a DISH involvement somewhere, somehow or is just another rumor. When you paid your AAD bill it was made clear there would be no refunds. If however DISH is taking over those accounts....???

Talk about spreading a rumor? No refunds if you the subscriber decides you don't want to finish the contract NOT if AAD doesn't provide the service....

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Last edited:
If anyone knows what will happen on the 25th-26th they're not talking. Evidently Scott bought AAD and he's not talking :) ...Seriously, this other rumor of people receiving their unused $$$s back either indicates a DISH involvement somewhere, somehow or is just another rumor. When you paid your AAD bill it was made clear there would be no refunds. If however DISH is taking over those accounts....???

There web site indicates refunds in March. I received a email as well stating I would get a refund. However since the company is shutting I would suspect that a refund is out of the question

I've posted this before but here it is again for some info.

All American Direct To Cease Operations - If you have been receiving the "Big Four" local networks (ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox) from San Francisco or New York through your Dish Network receiver, All American Direct, the company supplying these networks, announced they will discontinue operations effective February 25th. From their web site:
All American Direct will cease operations on February 25th 2014 at 11:59 pm. At that time our services will no longer be available. All customers with time remaining on their service will receive a prorated refund by check or credit card. For further information please refer to the FAQ tab on this page.
More information about refunds and answers to other questions can be found here: mydistantnetworks.com/faq.

There web site indicates refunds in March. I received a email as well stating I would get a refund. However since the company is shutting I would suspect that a refund is out of the question

????? The refund notice is there because the company is shutting down. If you paid past February 25th they are clearly saying you will get refund.

It's true. If you have the National PBS, are a member with at least 2000 posts, are a Pub member, and have signed the petition you can get Distants regardless of the FCC law. Many thanks to Scott for funding this.

I'm curious if there will be a separate Forum Area or will there just be a DNS Zone in the Dish Area. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)