Weak Sig OETA, MontPBS, No sig LPB, Also info 63W

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

utah2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 22, 2010
new york
Hello All: Great Form
At L40.5 long 73.6 S/east NY . Have there been any changes in TP or Sr for above PBS @125 deg.
I do have some very tops of of tree issues at this time of year with AMC21 sat El is a little above 19 deg, Signal for above 3 PBS has now become unwatchable or non existent at nite on S9. W/36 in dish motorized w/Spitf or esx521 lnb. Although Sfire seems to provide stronger signal & Q.
All other TPs on this sat come in strong. Strage how the most popular FTA PBS have the thinnest power on this sat. I also know signal is not meant for fta ers . IMHO In concept all PBS stations regardless of market areas should be free & open free to all who can receive. I know it's ancient history now but when Mont was S format it always was strong.
Now back to reality, I don't think I have alignment problems as I can motor from 30 deg to 125 deg & S9 Blinds pretty good but does miss changes in SR from time to time.

Also SCETV message about July leaving satellite; does this apply only to S. Carolina learning channels only ? on this sat or will PBS still be broadcast ? after all SC PBS with in state is not going away ; or is it ?
Any Info would be appreciated
Thanks.

well those PBS stations you mention, now use DVB-S2 8PSK, therefore they will be harder to get now than previously in DVB-S. the trees could be playing a factor. in any case with a 36 in dish but motorised it will be even more difficult since tracking has to be almost perfect because that sat is at the end of the arc for you. my dish arm is still broken so I have no idea about the signal changes , maybe someone else can chime in.

BTW , all PBS signals are acctually free and open as I understand and despite this even PBS has a hard time getting federal funding nowadays yet north of the border the CBC in Canada gets 1 billion CAD from us the tax payers yet , .... , please hold to your chair, not only their satellite signals are all encrypted but to make matters worst and unbeleivable, a major city like London, ON, with close to half a million inhabitants will loose their CBC OTA station (both stations, in English and French) in Aug after Canada shutsdown the high powered analog stations since CBC decided they have no money to convert to digital in that city.

I'm having similar issues. PBS Montana has a decent signal (~63) but for some reason the signal drops to zero regularly causing a stuttering effect. OETA comes in good. LPB comes and goes for me. Right now its gone. All the rest of the PBS channels come in great. PBS East and West have a spectacular HD picture.

I plan on fixing a 1.2 Meter Ku offset dish on 125W when I can afford it. I understand that a bigger dish is necessary for reliable DVB-S2 reception.

I use a dish 500 on 125W and so only received the strongest transponders, but I lost all usable signal today. Are others still having problems?

Thanks to all for responses.

although they were sold or transferred a while back and seem to always be showing/repeating old productions from 2007/2009. Also any further thoughts/ info on SCETV @ 63.0 W would be appreciated. How the heck will they get signal out to all of SCarolina after July 31 ?.

although they were sold or transferred a while back and seem to always be showing/repeating old productions from 2007/2009. Also any further thoughts/ info on SCETV @ 63.0 W would be appreciated. How the heck will they get signal out to all of SCarolina after July 31 ?.

Hard to find a definitive answer on their various websites, but believe the whole mux will be shut down. This was the best answer I could find:
"Beginning July 2011, the satellite service utilized by ETV will no longer be funded so ITV/ETV
programming to SC schools that you now receive via the ITV schedule on channel 1 and 2 will be
provided by IP delivery through OnePlaceSC."

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)