Weak signal Galaxy 19 - 12122

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Need to know why the Galaxy 19 for frequecy 12122 is weak compare to other.

Thank you for your help. I am trying to explain to satellite company that many of my customer have difficulty watching Nu vision or can not scan to find Nu vision. Some customer that able to watch us before now can not watch us. One day the picture is showing up and another day is gone or either showing like a Scratch Video. My question is if most of Thai people watch content from 12090 symbol rate 20,000 and the installer turn the dish toward 12090 and concentrated to get the most signal from this frequency. A reason to that is because there are 10 Thai channel on this frequency, but on 12122 Nu vision is the only channel in this frequency. What would happen to 12122 if the dish is turning and concentrated to 12090. Is the problem that causing signal to be weak for 12122. Because there are 100,000 of box that program to 12090 and their dish already turn to 12090 for more than 9 years. If 12122 just show up with nuvision couple of month ago. Would it causes people to find us more difficult by just scroll through the channel. Because many customer call up and need help from Nu vision to help them scan to find the channel and most of the time Nu vision channel did not show up in their box. What do you think causing the problem. What frequency you suggest that I rent that are close to 12090, so they able to find us more easier. People are finding Thai global network by scroll through the channel by remote more easier than finding nu vision. Eventhrough TGN ( thai global network) is in frequency 11966 Tp 14. but they able to scan and find it. I can not move to RRSAT because I have contract with SFIG. What suggestion you have that I should move to what frequency within SFIG. I am totally lost of why this happen to 12122. It's because 11966 and TGN is on this frequency for several years now. I paid ten thousand of dollar for nothing and people can not find or watch us. Please help!!!

Nuvision. Im in norther michigan (the upper most peninsula) and get nuvision at 68 qual when dish is peaked at the 12090 signal. I have to bump my dish to the east 5 clicks to peak nuvision and when i peak on nuvision 5 clicks east i then get 73 quality on 12122. Looks like interference from 99w POSSIBLY. This issue may be amplified on smaller ku dishes. Im using a 9ft DH with a c/ku lnbf. But yes the signal LEVEL appears to be the same as other TPs just that it looks like there is interference from 99w affecting signal quality. Just what I see. Hope this helps.

is it a regular fta receiver or a receiver that is dedicated to a certain provider?
I always use 11789v 28125 to aim for that sat.
If you can't get a signal, the dish is too small or there is something radically wrong with the receiver.

12122 is noticably weaker than other transponders, and it especially shows up this way on undersized antennas.
The use of quality antennas and LNBFs, as well as proper aiming of the antenna, is necessary to maintain trouble-free reception. If your customers installed poorly made (often Chinese import) antennas, they tend to lose their shape over time, and deliver even less signal later. You must either make arrangements for space on one of the stronger transponders (after surveying signal strength from various places across the country), or offer replacement antennas of higher quality and larger diameter. 85 or 90 cm is suggested.

For some reason, a handful of transponders on 97W suffer from adjacent satellite interference from either 95W or 99W so satellite installers tend to compensate for this issue by installing dishes slightly off azimuth and peak a specific transponder but often fail in checking the impact this makes on other ones. I'm guessing the affected customers are using 33 inch dishes or smaller which are a bit undersized for Ku-band due to poor adjacent satellite interference rejection. This can negatively impact any transponder at anytime as there's nothing stopping an adjacent satellite from using an interfering transponder. This is why professional satellite retailers such as ourselves will avoid supplying new customers any dish smaller than 36 inches for Ku band use as the difference in size and cost is not really worth it when you have to do a service call to swap the dish down the road due to issues caused by adjacent satellite interference.

For affected customers, a cheaper and simpler solution that *might* solve this issue is to simply have them swap their current LNBF with one of those higher quality PLL ones. At least they would not have to realign the dish so most customers would be able to do this themselves if good instructions are provided and the cost to ship a new LNBF is minimal compared to a new dish. You should try to swap the LNBF with a few affected viewers without realigning the dish to see if it improves the signal enough to be a viable solution.

Regards,

PwrSurge

I don't have a problem with my 30 inch dish. But it's a commercial Channel Master unit. One way to check to see if it is the dishes that doesn't cost a lot, is get a good 85 or 90 cm dish, and make a visit at a location or two that's having problems. Swap it out and the evidence will appear on the TV, or not.
Another cause may be how long have these dishes been installed? And how long has it been since they've been re-tuned. They may be off enough from wind and weather. Or settling of the ground around the pipe or the building they are mounted to.
If they are consumer dishes under 36 inch, Smaller dishes are more prone to adjacent satellite interference. I'd recommend an upgrade to a larger dish, to get your channel and higher reliability on all the channels, as well.
You see, there are options, or various reasons it can be problematic to get your station.
If the installs are so many years old adding an LNBF upgrade wouldn't be a bad idea and doesn't add that much.

It's possible that there is a pad on this transponder, but the uplink and the satellite owner would know this and compensate for it. Is you carrier in a MUX or by itself? If in a MUX, can you determine if the power level is balanced with the other carriers contained in the MUX?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts