Weather Channel- Local?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Carta

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2006
Northeast PA
How do I get "Local on the 8's" ? The only thing displayed is the national weather....
ps..The "Active" is set to my zip

If you do a search of this forum with a thread title of:

"Weather Channel: Locals on the 8's"

you can find a lot of info about this topic.

The local on the 8s should load automatically if you are on the SD channel. You do need to be on the channel a minute or so early though as it can't buffer fast enough to go on the fly. There is talk about it going HD in the future.

If you are using an HD box, make sure Hide SD Duplicates turned off and add the channel to your Favorites list (if you are using one).

I have never had an issue where they didn't load.

===============================
I guess it only works when pressing RED button in SD? Unlike when having CATV, it automatically shows...Am I correct?

Carta,
It's a work in progress,, it's not finished, keep this is mind .....

It's not truely a Locals On the *'s like your cable complany, cable companies don't have to cover the entire country ....
My locals on the 8 is actually Detroits weather, not Toledo, 50 miles apart, but it's close, not right, but close, I use the internet for weather info.

Jimbo

EDIT:
Last time I looked at the Locals was a few weeks back, however when I checked it this morning, IT DOES do my local city now :up

Still shows my zip code instead of the city name, but it's getting better.
One difference, everything is on screen in slides, nothing written and read to you like the cable version, but hey, it's getting better.

Last edited:
Carta,
It's a work in progress,, it's not finished, keep this is mind .....

It's not truely a Locals On the *'s like your cable complany, cable companies don't have to cover the entire country ....
My locals on the 8 is actually Detroits weather, not Toledo, 50 miles apart, but it's close, not right, but close, I use the internet for weather info.

Jimbo

EDIT:
Last time I looked at the Locals was a few weeks back, however when I checked it this morning, IT DOES do my local city now :up

Still shows my zip code instead of the city name, but it's getting better.
One difference, everything is on screen in slides, nothing written and read to you like the cable version, but hey, it's getting better.
================================================
Gotcha Jimbo, I have many sources to get local weather, but I have a new toy (D* and HD DVR) and I wanna get as much info as possible....Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)