Weather Channel now has direct local weather link!

*bump*
I noticed while browsing ch100, that a Weather Channel banner appears every now and then at the top right-hand corner, saying "Interact With Your Weather Now!" ... press select here sort of thing. I thought it would take me to the current app, but alas, when I selected it, it took a good while to load, and then something came up saying
Error 301 said:
"E301 The selection you requested is currently unavailable. Please make another selection or try again later."
The regular app works as normal, but this seems... a little peculiar. Maybe they're getting ready to roll something out... :)?
Or mabe the link's just bad.

*bump*
I noticed while browsing ch100, that a Weather Channel banner appears every now and then at the top right-hand corner, saying "Interact With Your Weather Now!" ... press select here sort of thing. I thought it would take me to the current app, but alas, when I selected it, it took a good while to load, and then something came up saying The regular app works as normal, but this seems... a little peculiar. Maybe they're getting ready to roll something out... :)?
Or mabe the link's just bad.

That's exactly what their doing.If your seeing this consider yourself lucky.It will probebly be rolled out completly in two days to some receivers and the others in a week.I wonder why there has been no official announcement.I saw that message on my receiver right before the channel 100 weather channel rolled out.I was able to access it in two days.Generally they send out updated software from Wednesdays-Friday.Hopefully there will be an official announcement soon on this website.They've been testing it on 601 receivers for a couple of weeks so they will most likely get it first.I hope there is no bugs in this like it is on the channel 100 app.My 510 occasionally still reboots when I go to load the channel 100 weather channel app but not as much as it did.

Ok I just went to channel 100 on my 510 and saw the same banner in the upper right side and clicked and got the same error message.This has just been put up because a couple of days ago I didn't see it.

Seems kinda silly for me. Chances are, if it's a storm that's strong enough to bring about mass destruction on my town, my satellite signal is going to get knocked out long before an emergency message gets transmitted.

I'd love to see this, automatically triggered after the "Local On The 8's" bumper runs: taiganet.com
Well, for all what we know, this new "update" could be much better than that.
Anyway, on my 522, I got in the last few days bumped up from L2.17 to L2.61, and now, strangely, clicking the banner redirects me (when I tried it) to DishGames. Hmm...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts