Weather Channel Weather Scan

I am surprised there is not a law against this?

Since they are publicly traded some investors might of been miss lead.
Did Dish give a timeline ? Has their stock value been *directly* affected by the lack of this ?

Sent from my SkyRaider Zeus Thunderbolt!

I am surprised there is not a law against this?

I mean they did say in a public press release they reached a deal with the Weather Channel to come out with something like this.
They never did.

Since they are publicly traded some investors might of been miss lead.

Yes I know this is a stretch but, gee, if you have a press release Two years ago I would expect something released nationally by now.

Ohhhh....did I hear someone say press release:D

View attachment DISH - The Weather Cast.pdf
View attachment DISH - TWC agreement.pdf

Hmmm, it does say
The deal provides for collaboration between both companies in developing state-of-the-art, full-time weather forecasting services designed specifically for satellite customers, including localized weather programming on DISH Network Ch. 213 (in addition to The Weather Channel's main feed on Ch. 214), interactive TV applications, as well as new Internet and mobile services. Deployment of the new services will begin this summer.
Dish and TWC did release a co-branded weather app for iOS and Android devices... That's what they'll claim regarding deployment beginning summer 2010.

Unless I've missed it some time has passed since the last city addition / uplink of Weatherscan. Does anyone have a list of the markets currently served by DISH.

Wow on the May 24th 2010 press release they stated

"Deployment of the new services will begin this summer."

Looks like they are running behind.

Wow on the May 24th 2010 press release they stated

"Deployment of the new services will begin this summer."

"DISH Network will now be carrying two
of our channels - The Weather Channel and a customized 24-hour, all-local weather information network"

Looks like they are running behind on the new channel 213

Last edited:
Now that everyone has all there locals on the same spot beam for prime time anytime . . . When are the local weather scan channels coming to all cities? They have it already in some cities I think. Is it still in a pilot test? I would think they tested long enough. Time to roll it out. Dish said in a press release right after the weather channel disput that this channel would come. If they cant deliver lets bring back the weather nation channel

At this point, I don't think it will ever happen. Dish teases their customers, makes announcements on "plans", and look where we are 5+ years later.

It's a mystery to me why Directv can do Local on the 8s, via zip code, and DISH can't get the same product. DISHs version either has never existed or just doesn't work. Weatherscan is a better product because its there 24/7 without commercials, but it appears they can't get that nationwide either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)