Weather Channel Weather Scan

THIS IS PERFECT!! The Video shows it all. Everyone should take a look.

It has the moving radar so you see the direction the STORMS are going. It also has moving graphics for the icons for each days weather. Example Rain drops.
It even TALKS and tells you what you are seeing.

This is a very high quality weather page. Something DireCTV does not have.

DIRT D.I.R.T Team- feedback = this would be something worth considering for switching from DireCTV to Dish.

Could you please add it to the Omaha DMA?

Better yet add it to everyone's spot beam now that My Primetime is up and you have the spot beams setup it should be easy.

I will pass that feedback along. Thanks.

I don't get it why this is so hard for Dish...
It's not a case of how easy or how hard it is. It's a case of does Dish really want to do this ? I think it's clearly obvious that they do NOT. It's at the bottom of their priority list. The Weather Channel has a cable and satellite-ready system that the providers can implement, if they want to.

It could be that Dish is counting how many times Customers in the Markets that DO have the Beta channel up are actually going to that channel.
They may think no one wants its.

Trouble is it is not a fair test. The channel needs to be right next to the Weather Channel so people know it is there. Right now it is way up high in the numbers.

Dish has been promising a "real" weather channel, like that available on cable, for YEARS, long before this particular channel.

Well I wish Dish would add WeatherNation they are coming out with a thing like weatherscan for local dmas. If directv picked up weathernation today I would switch in a heartbeat

It's not a case of how easy or how hard it is. It's a case of does Dish really want to do this ? I think it's clearly obvious that they do NOT. It's at the bottom of their priority list. The Weather Channel has a cable and satellite-ready system that the providers can implement, if they want to.

You truncated my post... It was more along the lines of rhetorical sarcasm than an actual question. I'm just saying that DISH needs to do this NOW!! They've been talking about it for years...

Weather Nation is still out there. Just not on Dish Network anymore. It was on Dish for about 2 Weeks as a tests during the contract dispute with the weather channel over price and the fact that they dont show the actual weather much anymore (its mostly tv shows).

http://weathernationtv.com

Weather scan is better than Local on the 8s

This is Weather Scan Dish has in beta.

Weather Scan is on all the time. If you want to check the radar or temp you just go to the channel. You do not have to wait 8 minutes.
Also the key point is it has Moving graphics so you can see the direction the storms are going. DireCTV does not.
It also has talking, it tells you what you are seeing. DireCTV just has music.
It also has moving graphics for rain and snow. You can see in the forecast what is haping or coming, DireCTV does now.
It also has Airport info, DireCTV does not.

DISH, this is a real good chance for you to take the lead and come out with something that is better than your competition. It will help you gain new subs.
Please add it to every Cities Spot beam and place the channel right next to the weather channel so everyone can find it (right now it is hidden high up in the numbers).

That's simply local on the 8's.....Why is Dish not providing this service to all of their customers?

I'm in the minority but not all of Dish's customers want it. I put up with enough weather garbage locally. I can look at my phone if I want real time radar and conditions. Our weathermen go nuts if there's a dark cloud anywhere in the state or region, so its going to be on the air locally and if its raining hard enough you're going to lose sat signal and not be able to watch it on Dish unless you have an OTA tuner.

I would love it if DISH added Weatherscan locally. The Directv version of Local on the 8s is great, but the Weatherscan product is present 24/7 and not subject to Storm Stories, etc., which trump Lot8s, unless you have the cable feed and the weatherstar takes over.

I agree that Dish needs to do something. Our local secondary tv channels use to show weather radars and weather updates but even they have gotten away from do that.

Could they do weather via the Ethernet? An on-demand thing may not be a bad idea as you wouldn't need to use Sat bandwidth to show it... and it would be viewable even if the signal to the Sats is lost because of bad weather.

I suspect the number if customers who have their receivers connected via broadband is too small. Also, think of how many customers are likely still SD only, i.e. pre-ViP receivers.

Sent from my SkyRaider Zeus Thunderbolt!

I am surprised there is not a law against this?

I mean they did say in a public press release they reached a deal with the Weather Channel to come out with something like this.
They never did.

Since they are publicly traded some investors might of been miss lead.

Yes I know this is a stretch but, gee, if you have a press release Two years ago I would expect something released nationally by now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts