Weather Channel

ralfyguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 17, 2005
McAlester, Oklahoma
Hi

How come the Weather Channel has no local weather forecast as it used to have when I had cable?

Just switched to dish and am very pleased with the picture.

ralfyguy said:
Hi

How come the Weather Channel has no local weather forecast as it used to have when I had cable?

Just switched to dish and am very pleased with the picture.

They can't provide 1000 different feeds of the channel. Everyone gets the same feed so they don't provide local channel data. On cable, the local channel data is provided to the local area by the local cable company.

DVDDAD said:
Subscribe to be a gold member and get rid of the pop-up ads.

LOL! That's such a hilarious statement. People paying money to a service in exchange for that service not showing them pop-up ads. That's like having a waiter spit in your food and then paying the waiter not to spit in your food in the future. Haven't you ever of a pop-up blocker which is completely free? I get no pop-ups from weather.com and I didn't pay a dime. Actually, I get no pop-ups from anywhere thanks to the absolute greatest pop-up blocker ever created: legacy Pop-Up Stopper 2.92 with the impenetrable, now-discontinued "Aggressive" mode. Luckily, I have a permanent copy of the installer file.

Getting back to the topic of weather.....

Does anyone one know why the "instant weather" feature has so many glitches. When it was available on channel 9500 it worked perfectly but since it moved over to Dish Home the five day forecast is "not available" about 60% of the time. This really blows. :mad:

superharo said:
Getting back to the topic of weather.....

Does anyone one know why the "instant weather" feature has so many glitches. When it was available on channel 9500 it worked perfectly but since it moved over to Dish Home the five day forecast is "not available" about 60% of the time. This really blows. :mad:

I didn't know people actually used that.

"Instant Weather" is DISH's solution for folks like the original poster who's concern was getting their local weather forecast since DISH only offers a national Weather Channel feed. And when it does work, it can be very helpful. :)

Instant Weather was pretty useful. I'm not sure if they saved any space on a TP by taking it off Ch. 9950.

First things that people notice going from cable to satellite is first, better picture :D and absence of local cable news channels and weather information from The Weather Channel. The best way I get weather info. now is by OTA on the sub-channels. I don't think we'll see OTA sub-channels on satellite as that'll also take up valuable TP space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)