Web usage billing on the way?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
jcarrera said:

I read the same article earlier today. What kills me is that existing gross margins on broadband are 95%!

Makes me curious as to what they are making net. Given the state of the economy, one would think they wouldn't seek to raise prices in any such fashion when things are already seemingly so profitable. This seems to me to be more about protecting their dying tv divisions against increasing competition from online video. If that's the case, that's anti competitive in nature and will end up being problematic.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

How did you get Bright House from that article? It made reference to TWC...We have no plans for consumption based billing at this time. Remember.... what TWC does or does not do has no bearing on what we do.

Last edited:
For the record Canada and many other places have had internet caps for a very long time. I am oppose to it however. the base number would have to be very generous for me to support it and there would have to be an unlimited option available as well.

How did you get Bright House from that article? It made reference to TWC...We have no plans for consumption based billing at this time. Remember.... what TWC does or does not do has no bearing on what we do.

It has a huge influence.

doesn't matter anyway BHN will be Xfinity before to long anyway.

If cable and dsl start having limits then that may lead to even more competition that does not have such limits or charges per gb. The cost is dropping for the providers and they are not really charging anymore money than they did ten years ago when broadband started getting popular so this may be their new way of trying to get more money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)