Wednesday 6am Channel List. on D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Senz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 8, 2006
I was browsing their website and found the updated Channel list for HD.

7 more national channels tommorow

Usa
Sci Fi
Bravo
HBO West
Cinemax x2
Starz

logos_na_allchannels_3.jpg

Very Nice. It appears Directv is fully capable now of adding channels each week. and the only delay we will have is getting the actual broadcasters agreeing and uplinking with Directv.

Im still confused myself why we dont have Food network. MHD, or NGC on yet. those are out on other systems and would seem a no brainer.

My only thought is, they want all these new channels to entice people over. so they add them first. As far as i knew. USA HD just launched.

I believe that Bravo HD, SciFi HD and USA Network HD are now first on DirecTV. So for now DirecTV is the only company to carry these channels at this time.

Edit...I've been told that the first two waves of channels this month (we just had the first today) will be "NEW" HD channels that very few if any companies offer. They are also adding HD channels in order of most requested channel. Many customers for years have requested SciFi HD for example and even though most customers didn't know that SciFi wasn't going HD anytime soon they still want "those" customers to see these channels added in the first few waves. It tells customers that they are adding many of the channels tons of people want and not some of the lesser watched programming. I'm hearing that Food HD, HGTV HD and NGC HD will be added next week though.

Are these channels really HD? Or they are upconverted SD.
A&E, History and TNT are all upconverted streched SD. Really bad quality.
Is CNN really HD? Or just the CNN desk is HD. What about the feeds?
How come SC FI channel doesn't say anything about their HD on their web?

Hell. USA HD says nothing about HD. no hd commercials or logo's. Alot of these channels are in their first weeks of being on air. What i would expect is right now they are just upconverting their SD signal 95% of the time and just flipping a switch when a show they have is in HD. sorta like how your Local channels switch from the local signal to the National Signal for primetime.

USA does list a movie at 330pm today as in HD and Law in Order as well. so time will tell.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts