Wednesday 6am Channel List. on D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I dont exect MSG HD anytime soon on DirecTV or Dish Network.

Why is there such widespread speculation for these channels on Directv?

Everyone had them on their upcoming rumored channel lists. It would seem obvious that cablevision keeps a tight reign on these channels to try to keep New Yorkers tied to optimum cable.

What are the channel names for these: 622, 623, 625, 629 and 640?

First time poster

Is there any chance the G4TV will go HD soon? It is a shame that with the next gen consoles and all the hi-def games, we can't see game reviews and previews in HD. I would have thought that this would be a no brainer.

Originally Posted by mrsdrgn
Are these channels really HD? Or they are upconverted SD.
A&E, History and TNT are all upconverted streched SD. Really bad quality.
Is CNN really HD? Or just the CNN desk is HD. What about the feeds?
How come SC FI channel doesn't say anything about their HD on their web?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/1040524-post24.html

I thought that was you.

They are the same on E* The D* doesn't control what on them.

Yep,nothing but a trolling Dish-bot

All the time unfortunately.

Remember folks we have a Dish -vs- DirecTV War Zone Forum.

Please keep the trolling there.

Your right Scott I retract my last statement and lets get back to the topic and act like adults here .HD Competition from what ever provider is a good thing for all.In the meantime keep`em coming D* :hungry:

All the time unfortunately.

Remember folks we have a Dish -vs- DirecTV War Zone Forum.

Please keep the trolling there.

Since the comment is here on this thread, I disagree Scott, at least in the general terms you stated it in. I would say it is 10 to 1 at least. Way more E* trolls than D* trolls. Lets be honest now.:p

This is funny.

I was also getting message 721 on HBOW HD (504) and since I didn't have time to call D* this morning, I decided to leave them an e-mail through their website. This is the response that I received:

Thanks for writing about HBO West. I'm sorry to hear about the confusion this issue had caused. As of today, we are not yet carrying channel 504 in HD. For reference, here are the channels that we began broadcasting recently:

202 - CNN HD
212 - NFL Network HD
220 - Big Ten Network HD
247 - TBS in HD
265 - A&E HD
267 - Smithsonian Channel HD
269 - The History Channel HD
278 - Discovery Channel HD
280 - The Learning Channel HD
282 - Animal Planet HD
284 - The Science Channel HD
362 - The Weather Channel HD
518 - Starz Kids & Family HD
519 - Starz Comedy HD
520 - Starz HD East
521 - Starz HD West
522 - Starz Edge HD
538 - SHO Too HD
540 - Showtime HD West
544 - The Movie Channel HD
603 / 604 - VERSUS HD / GOLF CHANNEL HD

Thanks for your patience, and for giving us the chance to respond to your concerns.

Sincerely,

Aurora M.
Employee ID 100115079
DIRECTV Customer Service

Yep,nothing but a trolling Dish-bot
I dont see any trolling. Only legitimate questions that if some were adult enough they could address without calling names. They are good points. Much of this is simply SD. Not D*'s fault, but nothing to toot your horn about either.

Last edited:
E* customer here, but not trolling. SciFI HD!!!! That is great news. How does it look? And why am I suddenly turning green?

For those of us who are evaluating whether to switch providers, are you seeing actual HD on the non-movie premium channels or are they just the business as usual upconverted SD on the new stuff?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)