STL-PHI
DAL-CLE
CAR-SD
ARZ-SF
CHI-IND

MIN-GB
DEN-OAK

Here are my thoughts on each game:

Redskins-Giants: Osi's injury will change things. OTOH, I don't think the Redskins' offense will be that impressive. I see the Giants squeaking out a tight one.

Bengals-Ravens: Yes, Cincinnati may have their problems, but at least they have offensive weapons. The Ravens have none.

Jets-Dolphins: Even before you-know-who became a Jet, I still thought the Jets would win. The outcome will still be the same.

Chiefs-Patriots: The Patriots could be blindfolded and still win by four touchdowns. That's how bad the Chiefs are; not even Gonzalez, L.J. and Glenn Dorsey can save the team.

Texans-Steelers: I know Houston's improving, but their running game is still a problem. They'll live to regret passing up Mendenhall.

Jaguars-Titans: Over/Under: 15 combined pass attempts?

Lions-Falcons: Paul always talks abotu how awful his Lions are, but they're light years ahead of the putrid Falcons. They'll pummel the flightless birds.

Seahawks-Bills: Seattle's window of opportunity is closing slowly but surely. Buffalo has some pieces in place, but need to build on something. I think Seattle three-headed monster at RB will be the key.

Buccaneers-Saints: Tampa's defense is getting a bit older, and I don't trust Mr. I'm-married-to-a-Playboy-playmate to outgun Drew Brees.

Rams-Eagles: The Eagles seem to have arguably the NFC's scariest offense. Hard to believe the Rams once were that good offensively. The game will be decided by whether Steven Jackson or Westbrook can get more total yards and possible touchdowns.

Browns-Cowboys: This will be a wild shootout, and I think it will come down to the kickers.

Panthers-Chargers: Carolina has possibly only this year to prove they are still good; they couldn't have drawn a worse opponent to start out. Without Steve Smith, this game won't be close.

Cardinals-49ers: Arizona is no longer a joke- the 49ers are.

Bears-Colts: NBC will live to regret scheduling a terrible Bears team to open Indy's new stadium. Unless Devin Hester scores 4 TD's, this won't be close.

Vikings-Packers: Last time A.D. played in Lambeau, it was a long and painful day. With you-know-who and his Lameau-sized ego out of the way, the Vikings will have an easier time getting revenge, as Jared Allen shows how dumb the Chiefs were in letting him go.

Broncos-Raiders: Most of us think the Raiders will still stink, but is Denver REALLY getting better? They are a one-man team (Cutler), and he alone can't beat the slowly-but-surely improving Raiders.

Now that we have a college football challenge underway, I figured it might be fun if we start one for the NFL too. Here's the link:
FanNation | The Peter King Challenge

Group name is: Sat Guys

Password is : NFL football

Sorry guys, I didn't realize you could use the same group for a different contest. Please use the group that HD MM set up. Once again it's:

Group name: Satellite Guys
Password: football

I changed my "Peter King Challenge" group to satellite guys. Again, sorry for the confusion. :D

D* normally sends out the NFL schedule and weekly channels in an email on the Thursday before the game, hopefully they will continue to do that as well.

Jimbo

Cardinals-49ers: Arizona is no longer a joke- the 49ers are.
Remember the last time Arizona had a winning record? Me Neither. As bad as the Niners are, they will never reach the pits of nothingness like the Cardinals. Every year everyone says, "Oh the Cardinals are going to do great! Arizona is a sleeper this year!" And every year, they just SUCK, because they are the Cardinals. And as bad as the Niners were last year, they still managed to beat the Cardinals every time they played them.

I know I don't have much legging to stand on, but that's where I draw the line, as weak and unstable as it is. ;-p

Remember the last time Arizona had a winning record? Me Neither. As bad as the Niners are, they will never reach the pits of nothingness like the Cardinals. Every year everyone says, "Oh the Cardinals are going to do great! Arizona is a sleeper this year!" And every year, they just SUCK, because they are the Cardinals. And as bad as the Niners were last year, they still managed to beat the Cardinals every time they played them.

I know I don't have much legging to stand on, but that's where I draw the line, as weak and unstable as it is. ;-p

The Lions also belong in that conversation :eek:

Jimbo

Every year everyone says, "Oh the Cardinals are going to do great! Arizona is a sleeper this year!" And every year, they just SUCK, because they are the Cardinals. And as bad as the Niners were last year, they still managed to beat the Cardinals every time they played them.

I absolutely agree, because I'm as guilty as anyone on this. That's why I'm sick and tired of picking Arizona to be a sleeper almost every year. Now watch, they'll have a great year because I'm finally off the bandwagon. :confused:

Anyone care to give their thoughts on what I said about each game in week 1?

I'm sure Paul has a reason why he should be worried that Atlanta will beat the Lions.

Sorry guys, I didn't realize you could use the same group for a different contest. Please use the group that HD MM set up. Once again it's:

Group name: Satellite Guys
Password: football

I changed my "Peter King Challenge" group to satellite guys. Again, sorry for the confusion. :D
Cool. I'm game. However the NFL is a total crapshoot. Anytime you think a game will be a blowout it will go to OT. Anytime you think a game will be close it won't. I keep waiting for the year that the NFL acheives perfect parity and every team goes 8-8.

Cool. I'm game. However the NFL is a total crapshoot. Anytime you think a game will be a blowout it will go to OT. Anytime you think a game will be close it won't. I keep waiting for the year that the NFL acheives perfect parity and every team goes 8-8.

Absolutely agreed, Anders. In the NFL it's hard enough to pick the winner straight up, never mind trying to beat a point spred.

Anyone care to give their thoughts on what I said about each game in week 1?

I'm sure Paul has a reason why he should be worried that Atlanta will beat the Lions.

Sabres,
I think I agree with about 95% of your analysis, so you won't get any arguments from me. :up

One week away. I can hardly wait!!! :D

Thursday 9-4-08

7:00pm ET

Washington at NY Giants (NBC/HD)

Sunday 9-7-08

1:00pm ET

Cincinnati at Baltimore (CBS/HD)/ DIRECTV Ch. 704/ 704-1 HD

NY Jets at Miami (CBS/HD)/ DIRECTV Ch. 705/ 705-1 HD

Kansas City at New England (CBS/HD)/ DIRECTV Ch. 706/ 706-1 HD

Houston at Pittsburgh (CBS/HD)/ DIRECTV Ch. 707/ 707-1 HD

Jacksonville at Tennessee (CBS/HD)/ DIRECTV Ch. 708/ 708-1 HD

Detroit at Atlanta (FOX/HD)/ DIRECTV Ch. 709/ 709-1 HD

Seattle at Buffalo (FOX/HD)/ DIRECTV Ch. 710/ 710-1 HD

Tampa Bay at New Orleans (FOX/HD)/ DIRECTV Ch. 711/ 711-1 HD

St. Louis at Philadelphia (FOX/HD)/ DIRECTV Ch. 712/ 712-1 HD

4:15pm ET

Dallas at Cleveland (FOX/HD)/ DIRECTV Ch. 713/ 713-1 HD

Carolina at San Diego (FOX/HD)/ DIRECTV Ch. 714/ 714-1 HD

Arizona at San Francisco (FOX/HD)/ DIRECTV Ch. 715/ 715-1 HD

8:15pm ET

Chicago at Indianapolis (NBC/HD)

Monday 9-8-08

7:00pm ET

Minnesota at Green Bay (ESPN/HD)

10:15pm ET

Denver at Oakland (ESPN/HD)

Are my eyes decieivng me...all the games in crystal clear HD this week!!!!

YEAH!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts