San Diego at Denver (CBS/HD)/ DirecTV Ch. 715/ 715-1 HD

Miami at Arizona (CBS/HD)/ DirecTV Ch. 716/ 716-1 HD

Baltimore at Houston (CBS/HD)/ DirecTV Ch. 717/ 717-1 HD

8:15pm ET

Pittsburgh at Cleveland (NBC/HD)

Monday 9-15-08

8:30pm ET

Philadelphia at Dallas (ESPN-HD)

NO WAY do the Dolphins beat the Cards. After what YKH did, lord only knows what the Cards' passing game will do.

After what the Bears did, let's see the Colts try and stop A.D.

NO WAY do the Dolphins beat the Cards. After what YKH did, lord only knows what the Cards' passing game will do.

After what the Bears did, let's see the Colts try and stop A.D.

I agree. I see the Cards starting 2-0, and the Colts are in serious danger of starting 0-2.

Also, the Bears-Panthers game pits the two big week one upset winners against each other.

My Week 2 picks (barring any major injuries in tonight's games). The two night games were my toughest calls, but I ulimately went with the home teams.

TEN-CIN
BUF-JAX
OAK-KC
IND-MIN
CHI-CAR
GB-DET
NYG-STL
NO-WSH
SF-SEA
ATL-TB
NE-NYJ
SD-DEN
MIA-ARZ
BAL-HOU
PIT-CLE

PHI-DAL

I agree. I see the Cards starting 2-0, and the Colts are in serious danger of starting 0-2.

Also, the Bears-Panthers game pits the two big week one upset winners against each other.

Upset.. there was no upset, the bears expected to win that game. People dont realize how good the bears can be. They are under estimated and under picked.

I expect the bears to do the same to Carolina. Orton has allways been a decent QB. He was just never utillized because lovie smith had a hardon for Grossman.. Dont know why but he did. Now that its out in the open how much Grossman sucks, and Orton is finally getting the shot he should of had a long time ago. He only made a few mistakes last night, but it was alot less than what Grossman would have made.

I can also see the Chargers starting 0-2. They play @ Denver next week. Last night, Denver went into Oakland and embarrassed what I thought would be a much improved Raider team on the road. Cutler is clearly the best QB from his class (Leinart, Young) and Denver is always tough at home.

What a strange start to the season with NE losing Brady and the Chargers and Colts in danger of starting 0-2.

Too bad the team wasn't.

Except for 1976-78 and 1985-88, those years consisted of not-so-good teams, including the worst team in football history, at least according to Bill.

Actually, from 1976-1988 the Patriots were very competiitive (except for 1981 when they went 2-14). They just more times than not choked in a big game.

On the other hand, the 1989-1992 version of the Patriots was historically awful. They were the laughingstock of not only the NFL, but ALL sports.

I will be in attendance for the Browns vs. Steelers game this Sunday Night! Can't wait. This weekend can go one of two ways for me. Let's hope Saturday night won't spoil my fun on Sunday!

Love the new avatar Bill. That old school Patriot Logo was awesome.

I remember them wearing this back in 2002 against the Lions on Thanksgiving Day. It was a thrill to see Brady, Bruschi, Willie, and the boys in these uniforms/helmets! :up

Last edited:
I remember them wearing this back in 2002 against the Lions on Thansgiving Day.

And they demolished Detroit, like EVERYONE does.

BTW, is that the only time New England has played on Turkey Day?

They just more times than not choked in a big game.

It wasn't entirely their fault they lost.

1976- They were screwed by a bad call.

1978- Betrayed by their coach.

Let's see:

TENN - CIN
BUF - JAX
OAK - KC
INDY - MIN
CHI - CAR
GB - DET
NYG - STL
NO - WAS
SF - SEA
ATL - TB
NE - NYJ
SD - DEN
MIA - AZ
BAL - HOU
PIT - CLE
PHI - DAL

They also played the Lions on Turkey Day in 2000............and the Lions demolished them. It was Belichick's first year as Pats head coach and he pulled Bledsoe late when the game was out of hand. He put in a young rookie making his pro debut................a guy by the name of Tom Brady.

Also, in 1984 the Pats played the Cowboys and lost on a last second FG. I believe that's the only three times the Patriots have played on Thanksgiving Day.

But in 1977, 1979, 1980, and 1984 they got off to great starts (8-2 in 1980) and missed the playoffs in each off those years, because they played terrible in December.