Weird DVI Connection

jprosise

Original poster
Aug 23, 2004
This is somewhat of a technical question and I am not a technical
person so please excuse my non technical discription of my problem.

I was an early adopter for HDTV. Have had my monitor for 3 years.
(Mitsubishi 65" rear projection) My former service was DirecTV and I
bought a first generation RCA set top box. I connected it to the
monitor with what looked like a DVI connection on the STB and it had
5 standard (component looking except for 5 plug ins) leads that
connected to the television.

When I recently switched to Voom, the STB had to be connected to the
monitor using standard component cables because my old DVI did not
fit and the one that came standard with the STB was did not have the
weird leads that go to the television.

Does anyone know if a DVI cable exists that would work with this
type of set up?

:confused:

I believe that the output from the RCA DTC100 was RGBHV from a 15 pin, not DVI. I don't think you have DVI.

You will have to use the component connections. This require a vga to rgb h/v transcoder. The early model Mits will not accept DVI.

DVI was not used yet. What you need is the rca adapter that goes from vga to component. My brother has the same setup and thats what he uses. Check the Internet, Radio Shack used to sell them dont know if they still do.

Strike that last. With the new voom box jsut use component cables from voom to the mits

craigs2553 said:
Strike that last. With the new voom box jsut use component cables from voom to the mits
That will not work with the older Mits. The only HD input is RGA/HV. Since the OP did not give the model number I am assuming it is the 03 or 05 series.

Its possible with the right series TV. I'm not sure about the 03 or 05 series like bbqman. But I have a 65" 07 series I bought in Feb of 2001 (over 3 years ago). It has RGBHV, but you can also use them as regular component inputs. You just have to go into the TV settings and set it to YPrPb (component).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)