weird problems with dvb dream persist - and advice on using dvb dream + dvb world?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mastermesh

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
For some oddball reason, recording with timer set to minimize dvb dream as it records causes that little box that your get by right clicking the icon in the task bar to not show up... the box itself will show, but none of the words or options, like "show" will appear.

Also, seems that somethings odd about the timer itself. I tried recording 1 minute on the timer, and it seemed to keep recording after the minute had passed... almost like it knew when to start the recording but was having trouble figuring out when to stop it... maybe It was just finishing up and had a few more bits to throw in to the file, and I didn't wait long enough, but I suspect that it was something worse, and it couldn't figure out when to stop the recording... and that the glitch that kept me from seeing those other commands on right clicking the icon are related to this.

I didn't start running in to all of these problems until I tried using that ts reader driver file a while back... never could get ts reader working right, and finally uninstalled it, and had a lot of trouble getting it uninstalled...

Can anyone who's used the dvb dream/dvb world combo give any advice to a newbie like me on how to get around these weird problems/glitches/possible bugs?... especially if you use ts reader too? I posted a bug report over on the dvb dream website forums, but it's had no replies, so it may just be a user error... any advice would be helpful, especially if you have a step by step how to on how to get everything up and working again, and/or how to swap between ts reader's driver and the normal dvb world driver without all this messup stuff happening.

Did you pay the $100 for TSreader?
If so, they should give you some help, I'd think.
Especially if their driver/install is related to your troubles.
Certainly the fact that their driver is unfriendly to normal usage of your hardware should be an area they are quite familiar with.

You can uninstall and reinstall the driver. Or go to device manager, expand "USB" or "sounf,video, game controller" tree. DVBWorld should be in either on of them.
Highligh, Righ click the properties on the DVBWorld driver.
In 'driver tab", click at update driver, then promp to where you save the ORIGINAL driver....
Good luck.
Note: TSRreader driver only works with TSReader, it clearly states in TSReader readme. You must use the original driver for DVBWorld and other thirth-party application.

For some oddball reason, recording with timer set to minimize dvb dream as it records causes that little box that your get by right clicking the icon in the task bar to not show up... the box itself will show, but none of the words or options, like "show" will appear.

Also, seems that somethings odd about the timer itself. I tried recording 1 minute on the timer, and it seemed to keep recording after the minute had passed... almost like it knew when to start the recording but was having trouble figuring out when to stop it... maybe It was just finishing up and had a few more bits to throw in to the file, and I didn't wait long enough, but I suspect that it was something worse, and it couldn't figure out when to stop the recording... and that the glitch that kept me from seeing those other commands on right clicking the icon are related to this.

I didn't start running in to all of these problems until I tried using that ts reader driver file a while back... never could get ts reader working right, and finally uninstalled it, and had a lot of trouble getting it uninstalled...

Can anyone who's used the dvb dream/dvb world combo give any advice to a newbie like me on how to get around these weird problems/glitches/possible bugs?... especially if you use ts reader too? I posted a bug report over on the dvb dream website forums, but it's had no replies, so it may just be a user error... any advice would be helpful, especially if you have a step by step how to on how to get everything up and working again, and/or how to swap between ts reader's driver and the normal dvb world driver without all this messup stuff happening.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)