Weird receiver issue - hedp?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

long_time_DNC

Politically Incorrect
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, where it rains a lot...
My 622 in my home theater room is working just fine, however, the 2700 in the living room is displaying the "Acquiring satellite signal" box on the tv and it's been doing this every time I turn it on the past 2 days. I did a check switch - it can't find the switch. It's the same switch the 622 is on.

Did part of the switch die or did the old 2700 die? There's not much for diagnostics on it - just checking the phone line - which it sees just fine. Anyway, some advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

The first thing I would do is to try swapping out receivers. Move your 2700 to where your 622 resides. If the problem "follows" your receiver, then your receiver needs replaced. If not, then it could be a variety of things. Cabling...bad switch...bad LNB...etc.

My 622 in my home theater room is working just fine, however, the 2700 in the living room is displaying the "Acquiring satellite signal" box on the tv and it's been doing this every time I turn it on the past 2 days. I did a check switch - it can't find the switch. It's the same switch the 622 is on.

Did part of the switch die or did the old 2700 die? There's not much for diagnostics on it - just checking the phone line - which it sees just fine. Anyway, some advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Yeah..just take the old reciver and hook it up where the 622 is...If you're still getting no signal then the reciver is bad..If you get signal then the next step is to take the cables at the ground block(assuming there is one) and reverse them...Change the ports or "swap" ports..The problem if it's the cabling or LNB should travel to the other location.....Hope this helps..

The 2700 should have a Dish Pro adapter if you are hooking up to a DP switch. Check and make sure your Dish Pro adapter is still plugged in.. Or it may have gone bad. Those things are some really bad junk. Should find it on the back of your receiver connected between the receiver and the cable going into the wall/floor.. But if it is dead then your 2700 will not work.. You have to have a working DP adapter to hook a legacy receiver like the 2700 to anything Dish Pro.. Otherwise is won't find anything

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)