Weird result while blind scanning (symbol rate of zero??)

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Never seen this before....

Was doing the usual blind scanning Saturday looking for games. Scanned 91W and the 1st TP it found it logged the symbol rate of ZERO

hmmm......thought no symbol rate meant it was analog ;)
By the way. I did a rescan and it showed the proper symbol rate of 30000

I know we've seen the s/r be 125 or more above what it is on those high symbol rate feeds (like 30000) but to show a 0?
Otherwise the s/r has been usually spot on

Attachments

• PICT0026.JPG
    PICT0026.JPG
    787.9 KB · Views: 191
Were you able to record the TS?

If this is a reoccurring feed, please PM me the times that the signal is active. If it was an occasional feed, we may never know if the tables were configured properly or if the carrier was being reconfigured.

its a data feed that is up all the time. (11760 H 30000)

like I say I saw that for the 1st time ever....and I scan 91W all the time (especially Saturdays)

my theory - since both signals discussed are modulation and mode changing data feeds, I wonder if your blind scans are catching them initially at a modulation/mode that the microhd recognizes (thus the microhd gets lock) yet reports it as zero SR in some weird quirk because the modulation/mode changed to something the microhd doesn't support while the microhd was trying to find audio/video pid definitions within the signal.

i don't think it's a coincidence both reported zero SR issues were on the same configuration of DVB-S2 signal and probably aren't very repeatable because of the frequent configuration changes going on.

I have had the same problems Ice when I blind scan on 97w. Getting the same transponder info trying to figure it out also.

Dan Rose

there are a few of those changing modulation/mode signals on 97W, so that could be more datapoints towards the zero SR theory depending on which ones at 97W you are referring to (but didn't list in your post).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)