AZBOX Newbie with ME receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AZnewbie

Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
Italy
I had written a nice message introducing myself to you...the system says I'm not allowed to use too many links (my message contained none) nor forbidden words, I swear there were none of those either...how can I try to communicate:confused:

today I will get the AZbox ME in the mail. I would like to know which FW you recommend for this box.

BTW, I'm interested especially in blind scan, low Symbol rates, 4.2.2 compatibility and possibly fast zap speeds). I understand that the AZtrino NA provided by AZbox Canada is the most advanced but only contains NA satellites, correct?
Which one should I choose between RTI and RSI?

Would I be able to add European satellites through xml file by using a thumb drive without connecting the receiver to the Internet? If not, than this could be a problem as the router is far from the receiver....I guess I should have gotten the HD+ if only for the wifi feature....ah well. too late now....

Can someone please help?

today I will get the AZbox ME in the mail. I would like to know which FW you recommend for this box.

BTW, I'm interested especially in blind scan, low Symbol rates, 4.2.2 compatibility and possibly fast zap speeds). I understand that the AZtrino NA provided by AZbox Canada is the most advanced but only contains NA satellites, correct?
Which one should I choose between RTI and RSI?

Would I be able to add European satellites through xml file by using a thumb drive without connecting the receiver to the Internet? If not, than this could be a problem as the router is far from the receiver....I guess I should have gotten the HD+ if only for the wifi feature....ah well. too late now....

Can someone please help?

You will need to connect the AzBox Me to your network router if you wish to replace the satellite list with your own when using AzTrino 1.85 NA. This can easily be done using FTP and overwriting the satellites.xml file located at /etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml and /etc/tuxbox/config/satellites.xml with your own customized version.

Although the AzBox Me does not support wireless networks out of the box, adding the WaveFocus wireless USB adapter would allow you to connect to your wireless network. This device can be purchased from most authorized AzBox Canada dealers or on eBay by searching for WaveFocus.

Best regards,

PwrSurge

Last edited:
Thank you pwrsurge,
I appreciate you helping me.

Unfortunately right now I only have AZtrino 1.6 installed out of the box so can't really do much unless I flash some new images (AZtrino 1.85, RTI 1.8.1, RSI 2.1).
I followed the instruction on the opensat official site about flashing new software but they are no too clear to me. They say to use ethernet connection and IP address and also mention the option to use USB thumb drive...go figure!
Anyway. I brought the unit away from the TV, satellite coax and next to my router. Connected the ethernet cable to it, turned the unit off and on using the switch on the back and then turned it on using the remote and keeping the Vol+ pressed. I did not see any IP address on the display....the displayed showed a message saying "Vol+ Recovery?" and stuck there. To turn it off I had to user the rocker switch on the back...
Any suggestion? Please help:confused:

Thank you. I was finally able to solve this by making sure the settings in the OS had network connection enabled.
The IP address showed just fine after doing that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)