Weird signal loss dsr-922 and azbox (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

lonewolf454

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 27, 2009
Georgia, US
I have some weird problem and unsure how to solve.
If I hook power pass splitter between Azbox HD and dsr922 4dtv to pass the Azbox power to cband lnb, I get a much better lock in Azbox. I get Alaska mux and several more s2 channels on misc satellites. But, I lose some signal in 4dtv, more sparklies on analog g1 channels, and lose lock on g1-3 where 4dtv guide is. I also lose lock on some 4dtv channels.

If I hook power to dsr-922, I get higher q on all sats in 4dtv, lock on g1-3, etc. but lose signal on azbox slightly, enough to lose a few ku and c and then get nothing from alaska mux on 137.

It would appear that the azbox is outputting a slightly higher voltage to the lnb, causing a little more illumination to be received, but then why do i lose lock on g1-3 and lower signal in 4dtv with a higher q in azbox, about 90-95% q on several s2 channels.

I did switch all g1 tp's in azbox to h polarity to see if it helped, since polarotor is ontrolled by dsr-922, but it didnt make ny difference.

Suggestions??

lonewolf454

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 27, 2009
Georgia, US
No, but will that screw up the diseqc switch? I haven't found any ku on dsr922, so in theory it should work, but unsure about diseqc, I need c and ku on the az.

Lak7

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2008
Near Chicago, Illinois
For testing, remove the Switch and check your C Band Signals for both units.
If all is well using the Loop Out, and you are only using 2 LNBs, you could use a 22KHz switch - C Band would be 22KHZ Off and Ku would be 22KHz On.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts