Weirdest Feed Name You Remember?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpiffWilkie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 16, 2008
Memphis, TN
So, what's the weirdest name that has ever scanned in for you while feed hunting?
The other day I was scanning 103w and "Midget Boy" scanned in. I didn't get a chance to see what was on the feed but it made me think about what other names people have seen on feeds?
So, how about you?

I think these are the nicknames put into the encoders on the sat trucks by the operators. I might be wrong. They always seem to stay in a general area. I've seen both Swamp Boy 1 and Swamp Boy 2 on feeds.
:)

some I cant post here

swampboy is usually a funny one as is Cheesesteak

the ones I really think that are funny are ones that show as ____________ network but are a totally different feed.

Hypothetical example is a program for Fox Sports Net that logs as ESPN or it shows "CBS" and its a NBC owned cable network

I read that the Star Wars crowd was out for the Little League World Series, but I wasn't pointed at any birds with feeds at the time.

I like the ones where they try to throw you off track-I see "TWC" a lot and you would think The Weather Channel, but its usually some kind of sports feed. Some of them are pretty creative, seems like I remember "Joan Crawford" once or twice lol.

another tricky one

Live Surgery-Phenix
its a college football game on G17 right now, Troy and somebody lol
they think they're fooling us!

During the first Gulf War, we were doing SNG uplinks from the region.
Some days there was too much time on our hands, so one of us started playing with the menu on the character generator. In addition to the location, we added a line that said "watch the blinking box *" (the last character being a flashing box intended for the next letter). Weird, but good for a laugh on a slow day.

Broadcast_Biscuit

(That wasn't even the funniest part. They had the real location and purpose of the feed written on a Post-It note stuck to the back of a chair. I guess they didn't bring a character generator.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)