Welcome Back!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok I think my test worked

ok my test did work, to scott and all others who are going wtf, I had a problem posting yesterday(I guess since it is now after 12midnight) and then when I could post I noticed that my post counter remained the same. ie: if I showed Posts:=20 b4, everytime I posted in any thread I still showed 20, I guess it is working now.
BTW not to confuse anyone 20 was just an example I know It should say 140 or 150 something as far as my posts.

Great work Scott.

What I meant was having the posts in a thread looking like this:

user info: post ...... user info: post ...... user info: post ..... user info: post .....

Each one could have a line around the whole post kind of like a bubble. It would have to be something to experiment with to see what different ways it could be done. Or have all the user information on the side on the left and all of the text to the right. That way it takes up less space on the page. It would be like a column setup on the left all the username info, in the middle the posts in the thread.

Another idea that may be interesting would be to make it work like windows where your at start and the arrow points at several programs. Start in this case could be the forum, all programs would be the threads, and accessories would be the posts, then you could go beyond that to post. Another way similar to this would be the plus and minuses that divide the different topics and subtopics like what you see in the regedit functionality. There could also be folders like what you see in msconfig. Some java functionality would make the text come up instantly.

I added satelliteguys.us to MyYahoo RSS Feed. It would be nice if there was another option to list the posts the same way that they are listed in the RSS Feed (containing the entire message and more options to whether or not you want to add the username in front of each one, the time posted, etc).

I'm seeing "Sponsored Links" frames showing up in the middle of threads, I thought pub members weren't supposed to get those.

I'm seeing fewer and fewer problems...great job SatGuys! I just wanted to say "Thank You" for everything you're doing to make this site such a teriffic place to hang out - it keeps getter better each and every day!:luvlove:

Riffjim Thankyou! If it wasnt for you all we wouldnt be here :) I know scotts and the other guys have been busting ther Balls to get this up and going for you guys. I know theres alot more good stuff coming up for you all.

Spacing Problem...

After the upgrade, I noticed my paragraphs are bunching together; line feeds or even manual spacing isn't working. Is there a user controlled setting I can change to stop this?

Thanks (there should be a space between line and the line above)

Jim try clearing you cache, I have found that helps with the new editor (as its trying to read java from the old software)

If you loose it I hear that if you lose your mind that they have very good microscopes to help you find it. :D (Just kidding) :D

Our homepage is back online.

rad said:
I'm seeing "Sponsored Links" frames showing up in the middle of threads, I thought pub members weren't supposed to get those.

I am also noticing this. I was going to mention it earlier but some people called and I forgot.

Previous forum software would only bold the titles of threads that had new posts since my last visit...the new software seems to leave all unread thread titles bold. Makes it hard to tell at a glance what's new since I was last here. Is this something that can be changed in the user control panel, and I'm just not seeing the option?

You have to either read them or mark them as read. The new software stores which threads you have read verus just a timed cookie, which makes the new software much better in this regard :)

Change said:
Previous forum software would only bold the titles of threads that had new posts since my last visit...the new software seems to leave all unread thread titles bold. Makes it hard to tell at a glance what's new since I was last here. Is this something that can be changed in the user control panel, and I'm just not seeing the option?
Scott posted about this earlier. You can fix this easily by follwing the instructions in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts