Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Wanted to drop in and say hi.
I used to install c-band systems back in the 80's and did some dual band c/ku band systems as well. Also worked on a few head-end systems for hotels back then. But that was a long time ago and a lot has changed. We've been on cable for years now and are interested in going back to satellite, but we've heard picture quality of Dish Network and Direct TV can suffer in heavy rain.
We just bought a new 50" 1020x1920 HD Panasonic Plazma. So I'm here to find out the answers I need. It's nice to be aboard!

Just wanted to say hello! Great forum! I've found this forum using google and I'm very happy to be here! I live in Europe and I'm also a "satellite guy" :) I like satellite world, hardwares and softwares.

Cya around guys!

hi love my steelers

I love my FTA . I had and still use my c band but ther isnt much there. I am thinking about setting up 4DTV. I have my viewsat it is great. I just like watching the Hinz Wards show and the Mike Tomland show. Or any other fluff to the steelers, but because of my zip code they say i cant watch them.

Hi

Just registered Jan 18, 2008- :)

Will take me a while to get the hang of the site- am not a regular forum or chat user.

Joined to find info on C and Ku band reception.

My main work is as large appliance (washer, refrigerator, etc.) repair person. Some electronics background. Live in Hawaii- have phone and power but no cable.

Have been directed to Galaxy 5, 97W for a particular Ku band channel, SMTV.
There is a company in Georgia offering dish/receiver packages for this satellite and channel for about $150, plus shipping.
Home

Wondering if it is possible to get other channels on C band with a small 30 inch (76 cm) dish. I notice a different LNBF is necessary, at least.

Also curious to hear what kinds of programming people might recommend that is available from satellites visible in Hawaii.

Not sure how I will receive answers, so I will check back here to see if there is anything.

Aloha

Just stopped in to say Hi. Have been lurking off and on for quite awhile and thought I would finally come on board.

Am with Charter cable now, used to have DirecTv. Always looking to learn something new and happy to pass along things I've picked up along the way.

KAP

Just joined today - never been on a chat room before. I'm trying to learn about digital before next year so I can make good decisions. We have an old C-band dish from the 90's and have since given up on any analog programming. My husband thinks it should last forever. Hoping to learn alot.