Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

hi

I'm Marty, thinking about getting rid of the cable and turning things over to satellite. Not sure which way to go or how to find out but am starting right here.:confused:

Hello everyone, I have been reading this forum for about a week and this is just what I need. I'm in the state of Michigan, retired from Ford Motor Co. about 6 mos. ago and need a hobbie. I'm mostly interested in news feeds and or wild feeds, and if there is news feed video coming out of another country that would be icing on the cake. To be honest I want get get everything that is up in space, but I will be really happy with just ku-band for now. Don't want to take up my backyard with a 10' dish right now. Will buy a system this spring when all the folage is out and I'm sure I can see the birds I want. Anyways keep up the great info and maybe I to will be able to return the favor some day.

Hello to all

Hi everybody, i have been a member of dssrookie for a few years. I visited this site as a guest alot and decided to join, I am glad to be a new part of your community. :)

new guy here

Joined looking for info on upgrading equip for DirecTV. My current receiver is putting out a terrible picture. Ready to move to HD anyway.

First time post. Looking for help on ReplayTV/DirecTv receiver issues. So much information on web but this place seemed to have the most current and helpful posts. Two very old RCA #DRD430RG receivers. But they work with IR blaster from my Replay unit. I have a D10-300 that was given to me by installer when I got local channel dish put in but couldn't figure out how to get it to work. Since my originals are starting to have issues, I need to figure it out.

DirecTv customer for around 7 years. 5504 ReplayTv unit is lifetime subscription so don't want to go to $6/mo for DirecTv DVR until this one dies for good.

Hello!
First time post
Been a cable guy for almost 22 yrs. Unjustified annual skyrocketing pricing and way too many hardware issues finally did me in. I was leary of switching services with all the anti-satellite misinformation the cable industry lays out. Well I made the leap, and signed up with Direct* about 4 months ago. Gotta say, I should have done this years ago. So far, I couldn't be happier. Picture quality and audio have been spot on excellent. The real learning curve has been the different remote functions and what the receiver can do. Anyways, just thought I would chime in. I'm glad this site is here and you guys are out there for all us noobs.
This is a great site for anyone with any interest in getting answers or solutions to things you don't know or who to ask. Keep up the great work guys.

Hello

My name is Jeff. I live in Indiana and have satellite TV through Dish Network and Sirius Satellite radio. I would get cable, but it is not offered in my area, so I am stuck with satellite right now. I am fairly happy with it, but prefer cable so I can run it to the rooms I want without the hassle of converter boxes and such.

Thanks for all the help I have gotten and will get in the future form your forums!

Hi everyone,
I am a new member from Alberta, Canada. I am just a poor old farmer who likes playing
around with FTA on bud and small dish and
4DTV. Satelliteguys looks great.:hatsoff::hatsoff::hatsoff:

hello everyone. i am new to the forum. i am in desperate need of help installing the sir-gm1 in a '04 blazer w/out xm radio. here's the problem -- when i removed the factory head unit, there were 2 connectors on the head unit, the 24-pin connector & the 12-pin "class 2" connector. here's where my confusion lies -- nothing was plugged in to the 12-pin class 2 connector on the radio, only the 24-pin connector was plugged in. i am attempting to install the sir-gm1 using the t-harness but i have no idea where to plug the extra connector into the vehicle. PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I END UP IN DIVORCE COURT!!!!!! thanx!!!!

greetings all...yet another nOOb here and a noob to FTA....still learning about it and reading the 4ums here...thanks for having this board....and look forward to interacting with ppl here!
roll.gif