Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Thank You!

After getting a lot of good info here, I felt it was time to join the community and officially say Thank you.

THANK YOU!

howdy!

hello to satguys! this is fun stuff! frustrating at times, challenging, great hobby. I'm going to fool with a primestar dish next.... (currently looking through a dn 500) ...thinking of a hd reciever and 129 etc... hope to learn, hope to help! karlo

Hello from a new member

Hello to all on the forum.

I have been involved in some kind of computer related industry for many years (first in 1969). Touched my first PC in 1983. The evolution has been a fantastic journey.

I am a licensed Ham Radio operator (Extra class).

I enjoy electronics, computers, photography, mechanics, RV'ing, music (bass guitar player), dancing (mostly country & western).

My current list of electronics is dwarfed by many out there but here goes.

1. Datastorm automatic internet satellite dish.
2. DirecTv H20 receiver with 5LNB dish.
3. Sony 32S3000 32" HDTV in the front of the motorhome.
4. Visio 26" HDTV in the bedroom of the motorhome.
4.5. These TV's are replacements for what came in the motorhome.
5. Dish Network VIP211 with three LNB dish (for Bronco's Games).
6. Gateway Centrino 1.6Ghz "home" laptop.
7. Toshiba Satellite P4 2.ghz "play" laptop (soon to be replaced).
8. Phillips HD DVD/HDD recorder with HDMI upconvert.
9. Sony Home theater for the good sound from all the above.
10. Linksys WRT54G providing wireless throughout the coach.

I am looking forward to many happy exchanges on this forum.

Good 'Day to all.
Mike

Newby saying Hi!

I've been reading some of the forums, wow! Alot of this is over my head. I'm on cable at home, but I have a boat at Lake Perry, KS. & I would like to bring in TV signals from KC (40+miles) & Topeka (20+miles). I bought a 22" Vizio LCD for the boat. My wife thinks I'm nuts for hooking it up in the basement, but that is where I split my input from cable & my rooftop antenna. (It's an 11' long monster, but before cable & when it goes out, I switch to it, so it's my test station for the added digital channels) I would like to put an omnidirectional, round antenna on my radar arch, of my boat. I've narrowed it down to two models. They are a Windgard MS2000, or a Channel Master CM3000. Anybody have any suggestions as to pros & cons of these two? They seem to be very similar, without knowing exactly how well they perform. Or does anyone have a better suggestion? Sidebar question, if reception wasn't good enough, can you add another amp in line, or will it over amp? Also, what's the best digital converter box? I have a tv, in a detached garage, that I will need to buy a converter for. Thanks for your help!

I wanted to take a moment to welcome all our new members to SatelliteGuys.US! Yesterday was the busiest new member signups day ever in the history of SatelliteGuys.US with 175 new members joining us!

We want all of our members to feel at home here at SatelliteGuys, if you are a new member why not take a moment to say hello and tell us about yourself.

Welcome home to SatelliteGuys, we are happy to have you here!
I am Dusty Embers and am a new member. ?Who do I call to get my DSR 922 receiver authorized. Also is there a help section where I can learn to do a post?

Greetings, I have been registered for some time however this is my first post. I am looking to recruit sales reps to sell a number of services to new home owners in the Las Vegas area. I am a retailer of Dish, DirectTV, Keyon, and ADT, as well as a few others. I thought this may be a good place to take a look. Feel free to email me if anyone has any questions or suggestions. Take Care.

Tom Bevins
tbevins@gmail.com

Longtime lurker first time poster

I've been lurking this message board so long I figured I should finally register and join in the discussion.

Just getting the obligatory first post out of the way.

-UNOmar

new 2 fta but not satellite com

Hello 2 all,

very extensive, organized and mature forum. I hope I can contribute to offset the knowledge that I walk away from in this forum. I recently purchased my first HD FTA receiver and hope to use it to it's fullest potential. I am now trying to decide on a dish, Ku FTA or whole hog Cband & Ku. It is nice to be among some very knowledgeable techies.

Thank you 1 and all :up,
Axman

Hi there!

Hey there, hi there, ho there! New to the site and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Jenny, and I've been joining forums recently so that I can learn all that I can about about technology. In this day and age it's pretty much necessary!
Thanks for having me and I can't wait to start learning from all of you!
:luvlove: Jenny

hi first time useing this site looks good I hope I can get an answer to a question I have a viewsat ultra that i am trying to do a parental lock to nc-17 it shows it took but every channel now is locked to pg how do i fix?

Hi All

Hello,
I'm new to the satellite world, but will hopefully learn enough this winter to set up a FTA system at home by spring. I picked up a used HughesNet dish (approx. 33"x28") with LNB and filters. I believe this originally was used for satellite broadband. Does anyone know if I can adapt this to FTA?

DEFman

Hi Everyone

Hello,

I am new to this hobby but it looks very interesting. I hope I can contribute with my electrical and electronics background.

Regards.
Pistolgrp

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts