Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

dragonchef

Nov 26, 2008
Maryland
Hey guys, Dragonchef here. Newbie in the purest sense of the word. Just found this site while looking for some good setup info for the newly installed STB I was trying out last night - unitl 0130 hrs. Got nowhere. But looks like Iceberg posted some good info I can't wait to try out when I get home. Any setup help at this point would be a blessing, as the manual says little.

Maybe one day I can be like the rest of you sat fanatics and actually know something useful to give back.

bingo564

Nov 14, 2008
Atlanta GA
Obligatory New Member Hello...

Hello from a newbie...been visiting the forums for updates on D*, equipment updates, and follow technical discussion threads. I was a C-bander from the early 80's; moved to DISH a while back. I'm a radar engineer by trade, so not a stranger to gee-wiz stuff. Hello, once again...

Benjamin Elliott

Nov 30, 2008
Manassas
Hello

Hi. I've been interested in satellite issues for a while (used to read DBS Forums, also follow DBS Talk and have read SatelliteGuys since it launched). I got DirecTV in 2005 and (with the odd minor issue) have had a very good experience. The lure of a forum once you're a member is very strong, so I waited to join till I had a reason ... but that's an issue for a post in another section here.

So, one less lurker, one more poster ...

jfixit

Nov 26, 2008
Hello all I am in Upstate NY around the Rochester area .my main reason for dish is i want NHL
I started out with a BUD in the mid 80's and remember when stuff was ALL free Hockey night in Canada was a feed no cuts no annoying commercials. Oh the good old days