Welcome New Members! (Please Say HI here!)

Hello, Everyone!

One of the guys I work with turned me on to these forums. I wish all technicians who install satellite systems would find and use this valuable resource.

Nice to be here...
Frank

Looking for HD OTA tuner

Hi, I'm a newbie on this site as of today. I have a detached garage of which one side holds an RV and the other enclosed side was a 35 ft x 12 ft home office until a couple of weeks ago. It's well insulated and air conditioned, so I moved my office into my home and converted the old space into a home theater. I just completed installation of a Sony Hi Def projector, fixed Da-lite 106" screen, Pioneer DVD and 7.1 surround sound with video switch, and elevated home theater seating. I placed conduit from my home to garage and pulled coax for TV and 2 cat5's for broadband and voice. I currently have cable TV, but intend to terminate it and maybe convert to satellite because I think cable is too expensive for the quality of signal and programming. In the meantime, I want to set up an OTA antenna for HD programming. I am looking to buy a legacy VOOM receiver and use it as a HD OTA tuner. Are there any issues with this or is there something better out there?

hello

hi i'm new to this game. i'm from the uk and presently have sky+. i've been a sky customer for probably 20 years now and had a dish up before it went subscription on analogue.

i am today about to purchase a CLARKE-TECK 2100 complete system from ebay and was searching for general info.

i look forward to contributing to your forums and thank everone in advance for any help.

regards

dan :)

Hi, my name is Ness and I live in Canada. I've just purchased a ViewSat VS 2000 platinum... so this might be nooby of me but where can i download the right softwares to make the receiver work...and what size satelites i need to make the software work @_@ so much things to consider lol...this might be easy for you guys but could you guys mind give me a link to a thread or something or a tutorial page for dummies?

Greatly appriciated,

Ness

Hey Guys,

My name is Greg and I live in West Palm Beach, fl. I can see that most of you guys have some type of IT background . I personally I do not.. I've always been in business and management.
So far, I am in every sense of the word a rookie when it comes to free-to-air satelite. I just received my Fortec Lifetime Classis NA receiver and I've already istalled the Dish Network receiver and all is great. However, I can't seem to find the right way to upload programs into my receiver. I tried everything but it keeps
failing. Did anyone of you guys have difficulty installing? if yes, how did you fix this?

Thanks,

Greg

just joined

Hi,
I have been struggling with Dish's new Vip622 receiver and have found some useful info on this site...thanks!
I have flip-flopped back and forth from Dish to Directv and for a year nearly comcast cable here in the Danbury,Ct area.
Love HDTV so am back to Dish but now wish I hadn't been so quick in upgrading to the Vip622!!
Dave C.

Hi. My name is Gary.

I like moonlit walks on the beach, puppies, and kittens.

Turn-ons: Hi Def; Clear, distoruion free audio; Lots of LED's; video on demand; DVR's with big hard drives; small, firm breasts.

Turn-offs: People who become emotionally attached to their satellite or cable provider or its CEO; buggy equipment being released before it is ready; hairy legs.

Favorite Movie: A 3-way tie of Casablanca, Citizen Kane, and Police Academy 8
Favorite TV Show: My Mother The Car
Favorite Color: Beige
Favorite Tree: The Larch
Favorite Beatle: Pete Best (that poor schmuck)
Favorite American Idol Judge: The nasty British gay one
Favorite American Idol host: Brian Dunkleman (that poor schmuck)

Anyway. That's enough about me.

Thanks for the hearty welcome. Just got a Coolsat 5000 Platimun. Now what?

Good morning everyone!

I joined yesterday primarily because I need some info and help. The info has been...shall we say, overwhelming? The help I need, however, is in setting up my new Coolsat 5000 Platinum Receiver.

I am a novice at this. I bought it because someone said it is top o' the line. Thing is, I now realize it has to be programmed and so on and so forth. :eek:

I have the receiver, the cable, DisEqC switch and remote that came with it. The old receiver was from DirecTV. I have a 4ft dish with a dual LNB. That's about as techie as I can get.

Is it just a case of disconnecting the old receiver (which, admittedly, has already been disconnected) and connecting the new? What to do? Pray tell, what to do???:eek:

Thanks for ANY help.

Clauds001

Hi - new to the forum. Have had self-installed Dish for eight years, Dish 500, three receivers, one slave TV, DVR. Looking to do the HDTV upgrade woth 52" 1080P DLP set. Need to find the most efficient way to upgrade my Dish package. Any suggestions?

Hi, new member here...

Just wanted to say Hi.

I was wondering if one of you can help settle a friendly workplace dispute.. :) When did Direct TV first offer HD channels in the Washington DC metro area. I say it hasn't been that many years, but a co worker disagree's. 3 calls to Direct , resulted in 3 different answers..

Thanks in advance

Good Morning! And thank goodness there's only one more day left in this work week!!! :D

Anyway, I joined this site a week ago or two to find out more information on DISH HD. It has been very informative and entertaining as well. Thanks for providing this forum.

I've had Dish for about three years and just upgraded to DISH 1000 and the Platinum HD package. I have a 211 receiver and a Sony 42" Grand Wega HDTV. Love them all. Can't wait until Dish provides the local Wash, DC locals in HD. :)

Last edited:
Hey folks. I've had DirecTV for the past six years or so but am switching to E* with the move I have coming up on Monday. The reason being that we're getting our first HDTV and D*'s HD selection is rather anemic. Anyway, I found your forum and have enjoyed browsing the discussions. Glad to be here.

Oh, I'm in my 30's from the Cincinnati area. I have two dogs, a cat, a wife and a 2-year-old son. They only lag behind my devotion to films by a small margin.